Studio 2011 IDML-filter deleting content
Thread poster: Tapsa
Tapsa
Local time: 15:33
English to Finnish
Mar 23, 2012

I have a rather big translation job with deadline approaching soon.

Now, the extremely serious problem seems to be that when creating the project from Indesign idml files (CS5), Studio has deleted (or hidden deep underground) some content that is relevant.

In this project there are ab. one thousand cars with some table type technical information (engine, power, transmission etc) and free text of each.

Studio does not offer the technical information tables to translate, and when I save the target, they do not appear in Indesign (even in untranslated form). They clearly seem to be deleted by Studio - they can't be found with Indesing's search options. In original idml files they are there.

In Indesign the text in tables seem to have some kind of tags in them. When examining them with storyeditor in Indesign, it shows that all the deleted items are enclosed in "dataset" tags (there are additional tag pairs - at least "data" and "hi" - inside the dataset block).

You can delete those "tags" in Indesign, tediouly one by one retaining content (I don't know the name of this delete or conversion function in English as my Indesign is Finnish), but it is not an option in this case.

In Studio, there are some options in idml filter, but they don't seem to help, or can this problem be solved with some kind of entry in Document structure part of IDML filter?

My Studio is up-to-date

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 IDML-filter deleting content

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search