Translations not saved to TM in 2011 Pro
Thread poster: Aaron Alder

Aaron Alder  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:10
Member (2003)
German to English
Mar 23, 2012

I am using 2011 Professional, Windows 7 64-bit.

When I translate a segment, confirm and move to the next segment (CTRL+ENTER), it appears to me that the translation is not added to the TM.

The evidence that translations are not added to the TM is that later concordance searches (F3) do not find (fuzzy) matches for terms translated in the previous segment.

I also suspect if I created an entirely new project with the exact same text and TM that I would have to retranslate the entire text because it would not be found in the TM.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 2011 and that did not help.

As you certainly understand, this severely limits productivity. Any suggestions why this might be happening?

Direct link Reply with quote

Uta Kappler  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:10
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Check Project Settings? Mar 23, 2012

Good morning Aaron,

I have been using Trados 2011 for a while on a Windows 7 machine, however my installation is not 64-bit, but 32-bit. There is at least 1 post which indicates that is is possible to run it on a 64-bit machine: e.g.

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/217247-trados_2007_and_studio_2009_2011_compatibility_with_windows_7_64_bit.html

But Trados 2011 is not a 64-bit application, as far as I know, so I am not sure to what extent there is support.

To me your problem sounds as if the application does not or cannot write to the TM file, or update it.

If you have created a TM with all the correct settings, then added it to your project as the one to use, and made sure that under Project Settings, Language Pairs, Translation Memory and Automated Translation, you have all of the boxes enabled (Enabled, Lookup, Concordance and Update), then it should work. Your translations should be written into the Project TM as you confirm the segment. They will only appear in the Main TM however, after you have used the corresponding batch tasks.

Not sure whether this will help.
- Uta

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translations not saved to TM in 2011 Pro

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search