Unable to open excel file - may be pw protected / Failed to save target content. Mismatch with sourc
Thread poster: Coline Roux

Coline Roux  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:27
Member (2012)
Italian to French
+ ...
Mar 23, 2012

Hi,

I am desperate, I am working on a big project on Trados Studio 2011 with a file in excel 97-2003 and when I try to create the target file, Trados gives me an error message "Unable to open excel file - may be password protected".
I tried to change the format of the file source but when Trados creates the target and when I try to open it, it tells me that it cut images and codes.

I am working with a friend and she told me she had no problem opening it and creating a target, so she created me the bilingual so that I can work on it, but then, when I try to create the target, it gives me an error message saying that it "Failed to save target content. Mismatch with source".

So what can I do?

I try to send my bilingual to my friend so that she can create the target, but with my file, she has the same problem as me.

The client wants the bilingual file and the final one.

Could you please help me?

Direct link Reply with quote

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 00:27
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
macro security level? Mar 23, 2012

Please check that your macro security level is not too high.

France
Member (2012)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
macro security level Mar 24, 2012

Hi,

Could you tell me how can I do that?
Thanks!

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 00:27
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Different for Excel 2003 and 2007 Mar 24, 2012

Hi Coline,

In Excel 2003

Tools>Macro>Security>Security Level

Mine setting is medium

In Excel 2007

Office Button>Excel Options>Trust Center>Macro Settings

Mine setting is "Disable all macros except digitally signed macros", but this is a high level

France
Member (2012)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
macro security level Mar 24, 2012

Mine is "Désactiver toutes les macros avec notifications" so something like "Disable all the macros with notification". Is it a high level?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open excel file - may be pw protected / Failed to save target content. Mismatch with sourc

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search