Thread poster: Egill

Egill  Identity Verified
Iceland
Local time: 16:09
Member (2010)
English to Icelandic
+ ...
Mar 24, 2012

I have been translating a batch of files in SDL Trados Studio 2009. Recently, I was surprised to see how little had been saved into the relevant translation memory. Also, I noticed that a source translation from one file does not seem to be transferred to a matching source term in another file within the same project.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ramesh Bhatt  Identity Verified
Nepal
Local time: 21:54
Member (2007)
English to Tibetan
+ ...
Your TM may actually be populated with all the segments Mar 24, 2012

Hi!

I faced the same problem. Then I opened all files one by one that had been done on TRADOS 2009. And thereafter saved all the files (SAVE COPY AS) one by one in a new Folder. Left Clicked TOOLS TAB and clicked Upgrade Translation Memories from the drop-down menu.

Input Translation Memories Window opened. And clicked ADD FILE-BASED TMS. Selected INPUT TRANSLATION MEMORIES as the files I had saved from the TRADOS 2009. Translation Memory is well populated thereafter with all the translated segments. But this is not shown as a continuous page; it is broken up into several pages, which can be seen by clicking the arrows to the left or right in the Translation Memory Window.

However, with all this done, and with TM updated, when I add a specimen project from the text already translated, the autosuggestion, concordance search, etc., show no matches--the relations between the TM and Concordance Search aren't well at the moment on my computer at least.

If you happen to find a solution to that problem do inform me as well.

Best wishes,

Ramesh

Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:09
English to Spanish
... little had been saved into the relevant translation memory Mar 24, 2012

Egill wrote:

... I was surprised to see how little had been saved into the relevant translation memory.

Egill,

Could you be more specific? What do you mean by that? How did you realize that?

If you describe your problem in more detail surely you will get an answer to your situation.

Miguel

Andrew Tooms
France
Local time: 18:09
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Even worse... Mar 26, 2012

I recently noticed that changes I had made to translated files were not reflected in the TM content. In another project, the files have been translated, validated, but the TM is completely empty! I've tried updating the TM using batch functions but the TM remains empty. I'm sure there is a simple solution somewhere in this rather mysterious piece of software. Any ideas?

Andrew Tooms
France
Local time: 18:09
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Sorry, my mistake. Mar 26, 2012

The problem with the empty TM was due to a duplication error on my part.

okidude

Local time: 01:09
Japanese to English
project translations not updated to TM May 25, 2012

Andy Tooms wrote:

The problem with the empty TM was due to a duplication error on my part.

Hey Andy, you were having the same problem as I am, but you said it was a duplication error. What do you mean by this? My situation is I'm using an extra license for SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance on my laptop and when I finished my translation, the TM was completely empty. Any advice? Thanks.

[Edited at 2012-05-25 16:01 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 - project translations not updated to TM

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search