Thread poster: xxxcdoucette
xxxcdoucette
Canada
Local time: 01:26
French to English
+ ...
Mar 26, 2012

Hi there,

I purchased the SDL Trados Studio 2009 Starter edition in June of 2011. It was working fine until I tried to get it started recently and it keeps giving me the same error and will not open. Because it's a starter edition, I can't get any support from SDL at all and therefore, it's like money down the drain.

The error states: "The translation memory could not be found. (And then it specifies the file.) Click OK to specify its location, or Cancel to disable this translation memory."

When I click "cancel", another pop up box appears and says: "Unable to find the specified file" and that's it. I downloaded all the service packs that were on my SDL account but I still can't get this to open.

So, the file it's looking for is a ".sdltm" from a project I worked on last July from an outsourcer in Paris. Why is it looking for this file and why can't I get my Trados to open?

I would appreciate any help on this as I really need to get this running.

Thanks!

Colleen

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 Starter Edition - Will not open

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search