Thread poster: Carmen Köhler

Carmen Köhler  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:24
Spanish to German
+ ...
Mar 26, 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I know this problem has been posted a million times already, but still I couldn´t find a solution to my problem.

I got a sdl xliff file, a TM and an excel file from my client. I opened the prepared xliff and the TM with Studio.
At first all worked quite well, but when I tried to save the target text or confirm a term for the TM "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" appears.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance for every help!

Vincent Lemma  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:24
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Reset Window Layout Mar 27, 2012

I use Studio 2009. Go to the View tab in the ribbon and click it, then click Refresh Windown Layout, then try to save again.
You may have to close SDL and boot it up again to get things sorted out.

Worked for me.

Donald Hubert Duffy III  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Any update? Jul 4, 2012

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem as you, under the same circumstances (not always the case in the countless other threads dedicated to this error message), so I was hoping someone would have replied to you with a solution. The "Reset Window Layout" solution mentioned didn't work for me.

Maria Helena Brenner-Kelly
United States
Local time: 06:24
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
as for me, it was the Java version Jul 4, 2012

Hi, Donald.

I had this problem a couple of times. Both times, I disabled newer versions of Java and stayed with an older version. That did it. It was some kind of incompatibility between Java and Studio.

Have you tried anything related to Java?

Good luck!

Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search