Different segments treated as 100% in spite of their difference (Trados 2007)
Thread poster: Simone Duverger

Simone Duverger  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:17
Member (2010)
French to German
Mar 27, 2012

Dear colleagues,

I've got a little problem with Trados 2007, there are some segments that are different but Trados treats them as if they were the same one. Example:

I've got a translation with some dates to translate, they are in French: "lundi, 30 juillet 2012" and "mardi, 31 juillet 2012". There is clearly a difference between "lundi" and "mardi" and "30" and "31"!

But my TM only saves one of these two segments in spite of their difference.

- I translate "lundi, 30 juillet" and I click on "Set and close", theoretically the segment is saved now.
- Then I go to the segment "mardi, 31 juillet" and I translate and save it.
- When I go back to "lundi, 30 juillet" and open it the translated segment is yellow (what means in TagEditor that it is not exactly the same as in the TM). The Trados window indicates me a 100% segment which is "mardi, 31 juillet" with its translation!!!

I think there is a problem in my TM configuration, I would like that any segments if they differ are treated separately. I tried to change the penalties, the concordance, etc., but it does not help.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Have a nice evening,

- Simone -

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Different segments treated as 100% in spite of their difference (Trados 2007)

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search