Unable to open SDL MultiTerm 2009
Thread poster: Victoria Holmes

Victoria Holmes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:36
Member (2008)
German to English
Mar 28, 2012

I upgraded from Trados 2007 to Studio 2009 several months ago and have been using it with a client's server-based TMs and TBs and with one of my own legacy TMs with no problems. Now I would like to create a new termbase of my own using MultiTerm, but I can't even open the program. I get the following error message:

"Cannot validate SDL plug-in:Sdl.MultiTerm.Studio.Editor.CommandLine.CommunicationSettingsCommandLineProcessor.Sdl.MultiTerm.StudioEditor, Version=8.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888:"

Can anyone help? Any suggestions gratefully received!

Many thanks,
Vicki

Direct link Reply with quote

merinber
Germany
Local time: 10:36
German to English
Unable to open Mar 28, 2012

Hi Vicki,

You may want to try this: Go to C:\Documents and Settings\"Your username"\Application Data\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\8.1.0.0

"You user name" is your actual username without the quotes. This is the path in Windows XP, not Windows 7.

Delete the three XML files there and then restart MultiTerm.

United Kingdom
Member (2008)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Didn't work :-( Mar 28, 2012

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried it (I only had two xml files, not three - could that be part of the problem?), but unfortunately I still get the same error message when I try to start MultiTerm.

Thanks anyway,
Vicki

merinber
Germany
Local time: 10:36
German to English
Unable to open... Mar 28, 2012

The fact that you only had two files should not play a role. When the program starts sucessfully, it recreates (should recreate) the three files. Your error message suggests there may be a conflict between the Studio and MultiTerm versions. Try to update both programs to the latest versions. If you are unable to update MultiTerm, I'm afraid you will have to reinstall it.

United Kingdom
Member (2008)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 28, 2012

OK, thank you again for your thoughts. Both MultiTerm and Studio are up to date, so I'll have a go at reinstalling MultiTerm at some point. I've already given up on creating a termbase for this particular job!

Tom Tyson  Identity Verified
German to English
Any luck Apr 7, 2012

Hi Victoria

Did you have any luck fixing the problem? I'm stuck with the same thing at the moment.

Tom Tyson  Identity Verified
German to English
Result! Apr 7, 2012

Finally, after trying every bit of advice I found around here (thanks all, but it was to no avail) I just uninstalled all the various components of MultiTerm I found in my Control Panel, deleted the old download and downloaded MultiTerm again from the SDL site (my account).

Now it works, so I'll keep my fingers crossed...

United Kingdom
Member (2008)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Tom! Apr 11, 2012

Hi Tom,

Just wanted to apologise for not replying to your post - I was away over Easter. I'm glad you finally found a solution that worked. I haven't got round to trying it yet, but uninstalling the whole lot is my next plan of attack. Fingers crossed it'll work for me too!

Best wishes,
Vicki

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open SDL MultiTerm 2009

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search