Availability of Italian-English AutoSuggest dictionary
Thread poster: Judith McLean

Judith McLean  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:23
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2012

I have recently purchased SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance, and I understand that with the Freelance version I can use previously created AutoSuggest Dictionaries but not create them. The European Union AutoSuggest dictionary English US - Italian is available to download but I need Italian - English US. Does anyone know if this is available somewhere? I've tried searching but haven't come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Phoenix86

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:23
English
Drop me an email... Mar 29, 2012

... and I'll create one for you.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

[Edited at 2012-03-29 23:03 GMT]

PersianItaly  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
Italian to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
Hi Paul... I'll send you an email for the same problem ;-) ... Thanks Mar 9, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

... and I'll create one for you.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

[Edited at 2012-03-29 23:03 GMT]

United Kingdom
English
On the OpenExchange Mar 12, 2013

Hi,

I created one using the 1.9 Million TUs from the DGT TMs. It's now available on the OpenExchange : http://goo.gl/iwBiU

Regards

Paul

[Edited at 2013-03-12 13:28 GMT]

Matteo Ippoliti
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 20:23
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank you very much! Mar 13, 2013

Thanks for sharing this. Can you also please let me know where I can download the EN>IT autosuggest dictionnary?

Matteo Ippoliti

United Kingdom
English
Same place... Mar 13, 2013

... that link takes you directly to the IT-EN ASD but if you just go back a bit using the navigation for that site you'll find all the ASDs available for download and many other applications.

Regards

Paul

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Autosuggest and language variants Mar 15, 2013

Hi Paul,

Is it necessary/possible to tweak the EU Autosuggest dictionary to work with projects in UK English (other flavours are available)?

MTIA

Giles

United Kingdom
English
Using an ASD with other language variants Mar 15, 2013

Hi Giles,

When you asked me this I got SQLLite out, changed the language code in the table in the database and it all seemed to work. So I thought... ok this seems simple enough. Then I decided to quickly test it with a different language variant to double check it didn't work there... but it did. So I was confused for a minute... so I tested a few others I had by opening up documents with different language pairs (just different variants, so still English, or still Spanish... just es(ES) instead of es(MX) for example) and they all worked.

So this came as a surprise to me because I simply assumed this would not. Shows what they say about assume is correct! I tested with completely different main languages, so German/French with an English/Spanish but this didn't work.

So the surprising conclusion for me is that autosuggest dictionaries are not as strict as translation memories (although there is a plugin to resolve this problem now - http://wp.me/p2xDjK-lu ). But you would have to add it to each of your specific language pairs because All Language Pairs could include non matching main language groups.

I then did a quick search around the KB and the product help just in case you and I were the only ones who didn't know this but couldn't find anything.

So thank you! I learned a very useful thing this morning!

Regards

Paul

ps. I'll await the email from somebody in SDL telling me they thought everyone knew that easy thing!

Phoenix86
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Autosuggest ITALIAN-ENGLISH Aug 2

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased Trados 2017 and wondering how to get the IT-EN autosuggest dictionary..Would make work easier..:)

Happy Summmerrrr!!!

Grazie

NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDL AppStore Aug 3

You can search any app in the SDL AppStore:
https://appstore.sdl.com/
You may find this:
https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/european-union-autosuggest-dictionary-italian-italy-to-english-us/248/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Availability of Italian-English AutoSuggest dictionary

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search