NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 11:08
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Jun 20, 2004

Good morning, and Happy Father's Day (at least in N. America! but I extend my best wishes to all fathers, wherever you are:-))

Here it is: I open the largish document as sent by my client. It's been pre-translated (we've been on similar texts for well over a year). Fine. Lots of XU segments, fine. But there is no way to open the next untranslated segment - no command is available to me in WB. Even if I manually scroll down to the first untranslated segment and click the cursor there
... See more
Good morning, and Happy Father's Day (at least in N. America! but I extend my best wishes to all fathers, wherever you are:-))

Here it is: I open the largish document as sent by my client. It's been pre-translated (we've been on similar texts for well over a year). Fine. Lots of XU segments, fine. But there is no way to open the next untranslated segment - no command is available to me in WB. Even if I manually scroll down to the first untranslated segment and click the cursor there, I still don't have access to my WB commands - they are greyed out. Using keystrokes (ctrl-alt-home, etc) does nothing.

Any ideas on how to get this document translated in time for my deadline ?(tomorrow morning UK time... yikes!)

TIA

Nancy
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:08
English to German
+ ...
Connection to Workbench lost? Jun 20, 2004

Hi Nancy,
Sounds as if TagEditor has lost (or cannot establish) a connection to Workbench...

- Try Tools - Connect to Workbench.

- If that doesn't work, try opening Workbench before opening TagEditor.

- If necessary, check if the languages/locales match (to check the languages set in the TTX file, open it in a text editor and search for "SourceLanguage" - you'll see the codes for source and target language. These need to match the TM settings <
... See more
Hi Nancy,
Sounds as if TagEditor has lost (or cannot establish) a connection to Workbench...

- Try Tools - Connect to Workbench.

- If that doesn't work, try opening Workbench before opening TagEditor.

- If necessary, check if the languages/locales match (to check the languages set in the TTX file, open it in a text editor and search for "SourceLanguage" - you'll see the codes for source and target language. These need to match the TM settings exactly.

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 11:08
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ralf! Jun 20, 2004

Helpful as always.
It was, quite simply, the connection to WB.
I'll know next time!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Nancy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

All WB commands greyed out in Tag Editor

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »