Studio 2011 .ttx file type not supported
Thread poster: Mary Barattucci
Mary Barattucci  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:59
Italian to English
+ ...
Apr 3, 2012

I have a trial version of Trados and decided that since my customer sent me some .ttx files this would be the perfect time to try it. However, every time I try to pull up the ttx file (it's .rtf.ttx if that makes any difference), it tells me the file type is not supported. I tried all of the files under one project and it says I have to enter at least one translatable file. TradoStag is included under Tools, Options.

I usually use Wordfast and frankly it seems a whole lot easier and a lot less steps to get to work but I want to give Trados a try. Is there something I'm missing here? How can I open these files?

Direct link Reply with quote

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:59
French to English
Previous thread sheds some light Apr 3, 2012

http://rus.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/206405-can_trados_2011_*create*_ttx_files.html

from http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/206405-can_trados_2011_*create*_ttx_files.html 29 Aug 2011

Question 2. What happens to SDL Trados 2007 Suite?
Existing customers of SDL Trados 2007 Suite or SDL Trados Studio 2009 will be able to continue use SDL Trados 2007 Suite which they already own. When purchasing a full license of SDL Trados Studio 2011 or an upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2011 you will be able to choose between an SDL Trados Studio 2011 only version and one which contains SDL Trados 2007 Suite.

SDL Trados Studio 2011 standalone will have a lower price point and will contain features such as WinAlign, as well as the ability to work and save legacy file formats including old Trados Word bilingual files.
SDL Trados Studio 2011 with SDL Trados 2007 Suite will contain the full SDL Trados 2007 Suite product and could be useful in specific cases such as when connecting to older enterprise or server systems.
Further differences between the 2 versions will be made available through the website in the upcoming weeks.

Question 8. Why is there a difference between the version which contains SDL Trados 2007 Suite and the SDL Trados 2011 only version?
The version that contains SDL Trados Studio 2011 is a stand-alone edition which gives you access to the SDL Trados Studio 2011 environment as well as SDL MultiTerm 2011. You will still be able to use old file types, import old TMs, and carry out any task which requires you to produce legacy files. However it does not include the full SDL Trados 2007 Suite software. If you require access to our legacy products (TagEditor, SDLX or the Microsoft Word based editor) for any specific reason you should consider purchasing the version of Studio 2011 which includes the legacy SDL Trados 2007 Suite.

If you are upgrading now you will receive SDL Trados 2007 Suite included in your package. The difference only applies to new licenses.

Question 15. Will I still need SDL Trados 2007 Suite?
With SDL Trados Studio 2011 we have further reduced the need for using SDL Trados 2007 Suite. SDL Trados Studio 2011 will:

handle old Trados Word bilingual files.
save TTX and ITDs files as targets without having SDL Trados 2007 Suite installed.
update old Trados and SDLX TMs without having SDL Trados 2007 Suite installed.
create TTX files from source files through the application TTXit without having to use Translator's Workbench.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 .ttx file type not supported

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search