Thread poster: Yassen Tounev

Yassen Tounev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 12:09
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Apr 4, 2012

Hi, all,
. I have recently bought a new PC , running a 64-bit Win7 with 32-bit Office 2010 and Trrados 2007 SP3 intalled. However, when I tried to use the Word interface, several segments went OK, then Trados stopped executing any commands and an error message appeared in Workbench: Invalid RTF format {352576572}. I had to close the segment, using Fix Document. I tried chaniging filter setings, uninstalling Office 2010 and installing Office 2007 and back, uninstalling and installing Trados - nothing works. I tried to reorganize TM's, change settings in the workbench, but.... it appears in all files, even the simpliest ones. Converting to RTF doesn't work either. I gave up Word interface and switched to Studio, but the problem is that some of my clients don't use Studio and require bilingual tagged Word files
Couild you pelase help?
Yassen

[Edited at 2012-04-04 01:42 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-04-04 01:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-04-04 09:14 GMT]

Elenka Ganeva  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
The same problem but with Win XP and Office 2003 (Trados the same) Apr 4, 2012

Hello!
I cannot solve this problem for about 2 weeks now and was about to ask here. Excuse me for joining. I think that more information would be more helpful in finding the correct solution.
I work on a long project (second year) and I usually receive bilingual doc. files. Everything was OK until this message (exactly the same) appeared with the first segment. What I did?
- Searching (NO result in SDL Knowledge base)
- Reorganized my TM - no result
- Exported my TM, opened a new one, imported - no result
- Opened a new Word file, wrote several simple sentences and tried to work with it - the same message appeared again with the very first segment. Saved in RTF - the same result.
- Gave upicon_frown.gif

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Rossinka
Italy
Local time: 11:09
Italian to Russian
+ ...
Trados 7 does not accept .rtf files Apr 4, 2012

So, you must convert your file in .doc. file.

(If I understand well the problem.)

Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, the problem is with all formats Apr 4, 2012

Rossinka wrote:

So, you must convert your file in .doc. file.

(If I understand well the problem.)

Rossinka, unfortunately the problem appears with ALL formats- .doc, .docx, .docm, .rtf.
Best regards
Yassen

[Edited at 2012-04-04 10:48 GMT]

Rossinka
Italy
Italian to Russian
+ ...
Yassen, did you try to work in TagEditor directly? Apr 4, 2012

It's so handy!

Try opening your .doc file in TagEditor.

Nina Nikitina  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:09
Member (2008)
English to Russian
Try to remove normal.dot Apr 4, 2012

Or rename it. MS word creates new normal.dot. In some cases it helps.

Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Switched to Studio Apr 5, 2012

Rossinka wrote:

It's so handy!

Try opening your .doc file in TagEditor.

Rossinka, as I have mentioned, I gave up the old Trados 2007 and switched to Studio 2009 SP3, but some of my clients don't use it yet and require bilingual "ditched" (tagged) Word files.
Nina, I will try changing the template, I did this operation with the old Word 2003 to fix other issues and it really works sometimes. The issue is that all my AutoText settings (I have set some templates like Apostilles, Notary certifications, certifications of some Bulgarian institutions, my company letterhead, etc in AutoText) will be lost and I will have to set them from scratch. Anyway, it's the least evil.

[Edited at 2012-04-05 07:59 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-04-05 08:04 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-04-05 08:16 GMT]

Manon King  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:09
English to French
Same message Apr 5, 2012

I have been getting the same message for a few days, no matter what file I try to open. This appears to be a systemic error with Trados. Would uninstalling and reinstalling Trados help?

Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nothing helps Apr 6, 2012

Manon King wrote:

I have been getting the same message for a few days, no matter what file I try to open. This appears to be a systemic error with Trados. Would uninstalling and reinstalling Trados help?

Nothing helps......just wasting my time......

Valery Kaminski  Identity Verified
Belarus
Local time: 13:09
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
browser Apr 6, 2012

I also had this message (do not remember the error code). I tried everything but it did not work. Then I found out that everything was OK as soon as I closed Mozilla Firefox. Now I have to switch to another browser when I need both Trados and Internet.

Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bingo! Apr 6, 2012

Valery Kaminski wrote:

I also had this message (do not remember the error code). I tried everything but it did not work. Then I found out that everything was OK as soon as I closed Mozilla Firefox. Now I have to switch to another browser when I need both Trados and Internet.

You are absolutely right, Valery! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I owe you a bottle orf Bulgarian rakia (our 40% grape brandy)!icon_smile.gif Both Moilla Firefox 11 and Internet Explorer 9 make this problem in Trados. It is possibly due to the fact that all these application use Microsoft .NET Framework and the guys from developing departments of Mozilla.org and MS didn't properrly test their new versions for compatibility with other applications. I have tested all top three browsers and it appeared that only Google Chrome doesn't cause problems to Trados 2007, so the solution is when using Trados Word Interface, run Google Chrome

[Edited at 2012-04-06 18:09 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-04-06 18:19 GMT]

Inga Saare  Identity Verified
Estonia
Member (2010)
French to Estonian
+ ...
same thing here Apr 14, 2012

Had the same problem for 4 days. Tried everything one could possibly try including reinstalling trados. Luckily I found this post and my problem is gone. However, one difference is that I encountered this problem when running Chrome. So I tried multiple browsers to see if the problem went away and finally I discovered that I could solve the problem by running "Firefox" in safe mode (Firefox in normal mode interferred with Trados, as did Chrome). That has done the job. So Chrome can cause this problem too. It seems this problem is due to some recent Microsoft update.

[Edited at 2012-04-14 14:56 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-04-14 14:57 GMT]

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Why should they Apr 17, 2012

Yassen Tounev wrote:

Valery Kaminski wrote:

You are absolutely right, Valery! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I owe you a bottle orf Bulgarian rakia (our 40% grape brandy)!icon_smile.gif Both Moilla Firefox 11 and Internet Explorer 9 make this problem in Trados. It is possibly due to the fact that all these application use Microsoft .NET Framework and the guys from developing departments of Mozilla.org and MS didn't properrly test their new versions for compatibility with other applications. I have tested all top three browsers and it appeared that only Google Chrome doesn't cause problems to Trados 2007, so the solution is when using Trados Word Interface, run Google Chrome

[Edited at 2012-04-06 18:09 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-04-06 18:19 GMT]

why should they check compatibility with an antiquated piece of software which Trados 2007 now is?

Regards,

Piotr

Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 2007 - real antique Apr 17, 2012

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

why should they check compatibility with an antiquated piece of software which Trados 2007 now is?

Regards,

Piotr

You are right, Piotr, the Translator's Workbench and Trados Word Plugin use the same principle, dating back to early versions of Trados (5.0, 6.0) from Win95/Win98 era. I switched to Studio, but unfortunately some clients continue to insist on tagged Word files.....

Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Apr 17, 2012

[Edited at 2012-04-17 22:55 GMT]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invalid RTF format , error 352576572

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search