How to change File statut in Trados 2009?
Thread poster: Carole Pinto

Carole Pinto
France
Local time: 23:58
Member (2011)
English to French
Apr 4, 2012

Hello, I inadvertently changed the status of a bilingual file from In translation to In Review.
Is it possible to revert to the In translation status?
Any help will be highly appreciated!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe not revert as where it was before... Apr 4, 2012

Hi Carole,

It depends on whether all your segments were previously set as translated confirmed, or whether you had lots of different statuses and you then changed them all to Reviewed.

So you could open the file for translation and then select all the segments and change the statuses to Translated Confirmed.

If they were some draft, some non translated, some confirmed... then perhaps you can spot the non translated easily enough, but you may have a problem with the draft now as they will be hard to spot. If you have 2011 then you could probably do a translate to fuzzy and find the ones that are not in the TM or have different translations in the TM...maybe.

You could also retranslate the file from your TM and this would get you all the work you had confirmed before, but obviously not the drafts... although this may help you to identify the drafts in the one you changed to Reviewed. But this would also lose any original fuzzies as they would all be 100% or CM now.

Not sure if this helps... or is just getting more confusing as I'm going along

Regards

Paul

Carole Pinto
France
Member (2011)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 4, 2012

Thank you for your help Paul, don't worry, your suggestions make sense
The story is, I have checked all the file segments status, and they're all in 'Translated' status, it doesn't make any sense...
I'm not even sure the problem comes from an error I've done, there seems to be a bug or something. And of course I don't really have the time to retranslate, even it doesn't take that long...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Status is not necessarily important Apr 4, 2012

Hi Carole,

If the work is just for you then don't worry about the status at this level. It won't affect your translation at all. I'm not sure why it would show as review if you are still translating but if you can share the project I'll happily take a look?

Regards

Paul

Carole Pinto
France
Member (2011)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Re: continued Apr 4, 2012

I asked my Project manager the question as I know they had a few problems with the files' status. I know some of them appeared not fully translated whereas they were.
'll let you know what the story is anyway, thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to change File statut in Trados 2009?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search