Thread poster: Ilaria Soggiu

Ilaria Soggiu  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:04
German to Italian
+ ...
Apr 4, 2012

Dear All,

I'm working on a project in Studio 2011 and I keep getting the message "Eccezione generata dalla destinazione di una chiamata (Exception caused by a call destination) which cause Studio to close.

I tried to open other projects and it worked without problems.

I really don't know how to cope with this.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Ilaria

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Try this... Apr 4, 2012

Hi Ilaria,

I don't recognise the message but sometimes following this process can help.
Could you please try the following and let me know if it solves the problem.

I would like you to first delete 3 XML files by going to the following path:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[10.0.0.0]

Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[10.0.0.0]

and delete the following three XML files:

- BaseSettings.xml
- plugincache.xml
- UserSettings.xml

In case you cannot see the "AppData" folder, make sure that your folder view is set to "display hidden system folders." Here are step-by-step instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files.

If this does not help then please delete the following file: "projects.xml" located in

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio

Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\SDL Trados Studio\Projects

Please note that your project list will disappear and you will need to re-open your projects in SDL Trados Studio to have them back in the list. To do this please go to File > Open > Project and browse to the project you wish to open. It will then be added to the Projects list in SDL Trados Studio 2011.

Maybe this will help?

Regards

Paul

Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It doesn't work.. Apr 4, 2012

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

I followed your suggestions, but unfortunately it didn't work..

I am really in need to solve this problem, since I have some jobs that need to be delivered tomorrow and in the next days.

The thing is this happens only with one particular client and only with its new projects. I translated other documents in the past and I never had this issue before.

Thank you for your help.

Ilaria

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Is this created from a project package... Apr 5, 2012

... or have you created this from some files?

Hi Ilaria,

In fact, did the project get sent to you as a zip rather than a Project Package? If you can share the Project with me I'll be happy to take a look? If not, then perhaps you can recreate the Project yourself using the resources you were provided?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Project package Apr 5, 2012

Hello Paul,

the client sent me a Project Package. Thank you very much for your offer, but unfortunately I am not allowed to share the project.. I will try to recreate it myself (if I can!).

By the way, I am working on a new project of the same client and I haven't had problems so far...

Ilaria

Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still having the same problem... Apr 17, 2012

Hello Paul,

I'm sorry to ask you again, but I keep having the problem I described above.

Last week I was able to work on a new project and no message appeared. But today I started another project and... here we are again!!

Do you have any other solutions to offer? It's really annoying both for me and my client. I'm not that computer expert and I really need some help, please

Thank you so much in advance.

Ilaria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exception caused by a call destination

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search