Thread poster: David Rumsey
David Rumsey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:59
Member (2004)
Danish to English
+ ...
Apr 4, 2012

Hi there. I'm working in Workbench 2007. Most of the time I familiar with segments with a green background (i.e. 100% match with TM) and yellow (i.e. fuzzy match or no-match), but what about text with a purple background? What does this mean?

Direct link Reply with quote

LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:59
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
What does the TWB window say? Apr 4, 2012

Are you talking about the background color of the segment when using Workbench in Word or TagEditor? You could try looking at the actual Translator's Workbench window itself - it should say at the bottom left somewhere in the status bar what kind of match it is - 100%, partial etc.

David Rumsey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:59
Member (2004)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Target segment is populated with a purple background. Says 100% Apr 4, 2012

The target segment is populated with a purple background and it says 100% in the Workbench window, but it also says 100% when the populated segment has a green background - which is the one I'm more familiar with. Just wondering if there is a different kind of 100%.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench 2007. Background colour is purple

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search