Thread poster: Hans Näslund

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Local time: 23:24
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 5, 2012

I recently upgraded from Trados Studio 2009 to studio 2011, which on the whole is an improvement (I never managed to get term recognition to work in Studio 2009, for example).

But I am getting a very strange behaviour in Studio 2011: Each time i select one or more words in the target column, I get this error message (in Swedish): “Åtgärden är ogiltig på grund av objektets aktuella tillstånd” (The action is invalid due to the actual status of the object), and then the translated segment is replaced by the source segment. This means that I cannot delete or overwrite the words that need to be amended.

Why is this – and how can this error message be avoided?

Direct link Reply with quote

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Local time: 23:24
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Addition Apr 5, 2012

I forgot to mention that selecting a word in the source column also causes tihe target column to change to the source text of the segment - highly irritating!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - strange behaviour

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search