Target Preview in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Daniel Jeory
Daniel Jeory
Daniel Jeory
Local time: 11:48
Member (2003)
German to English
Apr 6, 2012

My SDL Trados Studio 2011 application just randomly generated an XML preview of a translation I was working on.

I was halfway through a translation of a newsletter when a preview of my translation suddenly opened in an Internet Explorer browser. The original newsletter is a PDF source. This has (I think) been converted into an XML file and saved as a TagEditor ttx file for translation in Studio. Therefore, it's not surprising that the preview was generated in Internet Explorer. My
... See more
My SDL Trados Studio 2011 application just randomly generated an XML preview of a translation I was working on.

I was halfway through a translation of a newsletter when a preview of my translation suddenly opened in an Internet Explorer browser. The original newsletter is a PDF source. This has (I think) been converted into an XML file and saved as a TagEditor ttx file for translation in Studio. Therefore, it's not surprising that the preview was generated in Internet Explorer. My question is: how could this have happened. As far as I'm aware, I didn't hit any key combinations by accident. Has anyone else ever known anything similar happen?
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:48
English
ctrl+p would do it Apr 9, 2012

Hi,

Perhaps you just caught these keys whilst working? Did this ever happen again or was it just the one off?

Regards

Paul

Daniel Jeory
Daniel Jeory
Local time: 11:48
Member (2003)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Ctrl+P Apr 9, 2012

SDL Support wrote:

Hi,

Perhaps you just caught these keys whilst working? Did this ever happen again or was it just the one off?

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply. Yeah, I discovered it must have been Ctrl+P. I'm pretty sure I didn't hit that shortcut though. What's strange, however, is I've noticed other times when the keyboard acts like the Ctrl key is suddenly depressed. I took a look at the Accessibility settings on my PC. All the shortcuts were deactivated as normal, but I noticed the checkbox "Press modifier key twice to lock" was checked. I unchecked it, and Studio seems to be fine now.... But... another strange thing is I tried rechecking the box and replicating the problem, but I can't do it... odd!

Thanks
D

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Target Preview in Studio 2011

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »