Thread poster: steph_cuevas
steph_cuevas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:29
English to Tagalog
+ ...
Apr 6, 2012

Hi all!

I recently purchased SDL Trados 2011 and has been using it for quite some time now. However, I am having problems sending TMs in the old version format such as .tmw with iix, .mdf, .mtf, and .mwf files. The outsourcer that I am currently working with right now is using Trados Workbench or an older version of Trados that is. They send me TMs in .tmw with iix, .mdf, .mtf, and .mwf files and when I finish the project I send them the upgraded memory in Trados which is in .tmx format. I was wondering if there's a way to send a TM from Trados 2011 to an older version format (.tmx to .tmw, .iix, .mdf, .mtf, .mwf files)?

I will appreciate any help. Thanks!

Best regards,
Stephanie

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:29
English to French
+ ...
TMX Apr 8, 2012

Hi Stephanie,

tmx is a translation exchange format file, so all you have to do is export your Studio 2011 TM as tmx - right-click on your TM under Translation Memories and export, create a new TM under 2007 and import the tmx and you're done.

HTH,

Bernard

millet-aur
Local time: 11:29
English to French
+ ...
Trados 2007 is needed in any case Apr 17, 2012

Hi Bernard, Hi Stephanie,

So, in any case, it is necessary to possess the Trados 2007 version for creating the upgraded TM in txt or tmx ? Thank you for your answer.

Aurore

[Modificato alle 2012-04-18 08:20 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating TM from SDL Trados 2011 that is compatible with older Trados versions

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search