Problem generating target document in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Gabriel Francesch (X)

Gabriel Francesch (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:49
English to French
+ ...
Apr 9, 2012

Hi there !

I recently installed Trados Studio 2011 on my MacBook Pro. I use Parallels Desktop 5 and Windows 7.

So far, it works pretty well, but I have one issue with generating target .docx document from the .ttx file I received from the client and translated.

I can import both .ttx files and .docx files without problem.
If I import the .docx and use it for translation, then I can then generate a .docx document.

The problem is when I import the .ttx (which turns into .sdlxliff) and then try to create a .docx using the following procedure.

-> File -> Save target As... -> Original file format -> Browse

Then, the following message appears:
"The filter chain provided is invalid. The filter chain must contain a description of the filter, followed by vertical bar and the model of the filter. The chains of the different options of the filter must also be separated by the vertical bar."

La chaîne de filtre fournie n'est pas valide. La chaîne de filtre doit contenir une description du filtre, suivie d'une barre verticale (|) et du modèle du filtre. Les chaînes pour les différentes options de filtre doivent également être séparées par la barre verticale.

Exemple : "Fichiers texte (*.txt)|*.txt|Tous les fichiers (*.*)|*.*"

There is always the possibility of opening the .docx and using the TM to translate it, but I am sure there must be a way to generate the MS Word file, I just don't get this error message.

If someone has encountered a similar situation, I would be most grateful for some help!

Here are the details of the error message:

System.ArgumentException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

System.Windows.Forms

SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows 7 Édition Familiale Premium
NULL
GABRIELFRAN48A2\Administrateur
GABRIELFRAN48A2
True
785976 MB

[Edited at 2012-04-09 05:20 GMT]

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error message Apr 9, 2012

System.ArgumentException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

System.Windows.Forms

SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows 7 Édition Familiale Premium
NULL
GABRIELFRAN48A2\Administrateur
GABRIELFRAN48A2
True
785976 MB

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Finalize Apr 10, 2012

Updating this conversation with myself, in case someone finds it helpful on day:

It turns out I was using the wrong sequence to generate the target file from the .ttx.
Correct sequence is:

File -> Batch task -> Finalize.

But I guess everybody knows that already!

Bernadette Regnier
Canada
Local time: 10:49
English to French
+ ...
Of course I knew it! May 16, 2014

But thanks anywayicon_wink.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem generating target document in Studio 2011

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search