Quick howto on setting up Studio segmentation exactly as in Workbench?
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 9, 2012

Is there any quick howto that shows how to set up segmentation rules in Studio 2011 exactly as in Workbench? I need to collaborate with non-Studio translators using TTX files.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:28
English
What's the workflow? Apr 9, 2012

Hi,

If you're working with TTX files then the file is already segmented, so what's your workflow?

Regards

Paul

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is it really segmented even when not pretranslated? Apr 9, 2012

SDL Support wrote:

Hi,

If you're working with TTX files then the file is already segmented, so what's your workflow?

Regards

Paul

I receive TTX files from the PM and then send them back translated. He told me that Studio has different segmentation rules (note that he doesn't work with Studio himself), and therefore he would send me pretranslated TTX files. I prefer dealing with non-pretranslated ones, and therefore want to find out how to change segmentation rules to match the ones in Workbench.

But do I understand you correctly that TTX files are always segmented, no matter whether or not they are pretranslated? If so, I could happily work with non-pretranslated ones.

Lennart Luhtaru  Identity Verified
United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
What I would do Apr 9, 2012

1) Create a new (empty) memory
2) "Tools - Translate" in Workbench
3) Tick the box "Segment unknown sentences"
4) Click "Translate"

This will make you a pre-segmented TTX.

[Edited at 2012-04-09 22:02 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quick howto on setting up Studio segmentation exactly as in Workbench?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search