How to batch empty any draft segments in multiple files?
Thread poster: pjg111

pjg111  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:38
Member (2010)
English to French
Apr 11, 2012

Hi everybody,

Is it possible in SDL Trados Studio 2011 to empty all the draft segments in a bunch of files? It is possible in the current, active file but I would like to use that feature on several selected files or all the files in a project.

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers.

PG

Direct link Reply with quote

merinber
Germany
German to English
Batch empty draft segments Apr 12, 2012

The only thing that comes to mind is the Merge Files option that appears in the Create Project Wizard. With it, you can combine all the files you need into a single sdlxliff file and then perform whatever you do to empty the draft segments for all the files in one go.

Member (2010)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Is it possible to split the file into original files afterward? Apr 12, 2012

merinber wrote:

The only thing that comes to mind is the Merge Files option that appears in the Create Project Wizard. With it, you can combine all the files you need into a single sdlxliff file and then perform whatever you do to empty the draft segments for all the files in one go.

Thanks a lot. Sounds good. But is it possible to split the consolidated file into as many as original files afterward? Many thanks in advance for your answer.

Cheers.

PG

István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
In theory Apr 13, 2012

Considering its screenshots, SDL Batch Find/Replace may be able to do this (I do not have it). As far as I can see on the screeenshots shown, you can select whole folders for the operations, you can choose either source or target, you can restrict your operations on segments with any status (for example Draft), and, on top of that, you can use regular expressions which, hopefully, make it possible to replace target Draft segments with nothing.

Member (2010)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, István. [SOLVED] Apr 24, 2012

Hi István,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I used .* as a regex for the Find what box in Replace tab of the utility and made sure to leave the Replace with blank.

It works just fine. But you may have to word count files again as it looks like stats are not auto updated in the project unless I'm wrong.

Cheers.

PG

[Edited at 2012-04-24 00:10 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to batch empty any draft segments in multiple files?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search