"Mismatch in Unique ID" Error. Urgent Delivery is Held Up By This!
Thread poster: Trevor Chichester

Trevor Chichester  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:28
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 11, 2012

Hey Guys,

I'm a relatively new user of Trados and have been translating two files for a client. The first file went REALLY smoothly and I was able to deliver. However, the second file is a completely different story.

I've missed my deadline because of two problems.

1. After trying to save the file trados switched the language pairs from DE>EN, to EN>DE.

2. My biggest error, I keep on getting this error whenever I try and save as target language: "Mismatch in Unique ID" .

This is fairly urgent because I've missed a delivery deadline and the client is waiting. Can someone PLEASE help me convert my bi-lingual file to the target, please?

Thanks so much in advance!

-Trevor

Direct link Reply with quote

merinber
Germany
Local time: 01:28
German to English
Urgent delivery Apr 12, 2012

Hi!

1) Make a copy of the ORIGINAL file
2) Open it in Studio without TM and translate and few segments
3) Try to save it as a target file.
If this does not work, something is broken in the file.

If it does work...
4) Create a new temporary TM and make sure it is DE to EN
5) Import your translated sdlxliff file to the new temp TM
6) Open the file in Studio with the new TM. Make sure you have selected DE to EN.
7) Use either the Pretranslate files batch function or Translate to Fuzzy option to repopulate your new sdxliff file.
8) Try to save as target file

Good luck!

nusav

Local time: 01:28
English to Slovenian
+ ...
broken file Jun 12, 2012

I tried the first option and I couldn't export the file. My comment to Trados programmers is: if the file cannot be exported it should not even be imported.
I naively believed that if I can import a file I can also export it.

Now I cannot export an excel file because it says it cannot open it as is probably password protected (which is not). How was Trados then able to import it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Mismatch in Unique ID" Error. Urgent Delivery is Held Up By This!

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search