"Mismatch in Unique ID" Error. Urgent Delivery is Held Up By This!
Thread poster: Trevor Chichester
Trevor Chichester
Trevor Chichester  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:07
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 11, 2012

Hey Guys,

I'm a relatively new user of Trados and have been translating two files for a client. The first file went REALLY smoothly and I was able to deliver. However, the second file is a completely different story.

I've missed my deadline because of two problems.

1. After trying to save the file trados switched the language pairs from DE>EN, to EN>DE.

2. My biggest error, I keep on getting this error whenever I try and save as target languag
... See more
Hey Guys,

I'm a relatively new user of Trados and have been translating two files for a client. The first file went REALLY smoothly and I was able to deliver. However, the second file is a completely different story.

I've missed my deadline because of two problems.

1. After trying to save the file trados switched the language pairs from DE>EN, to EN>DE.

2. My biggest error, I keep on getting this error whenever I try and save as target language: "Mismatch in Unique ID" .

This is fairly urgent because I've missed a delivery deadline and the client is waiting. Can someone PLEASE help me convert my bi-lingual file to the target, please?

Thanks so much in advance!

-Trevor
Collapse

merinber (X)
merinber (X)
Germany
Local time: 02:07
German to English
Urgent delivery Apr 12, 2012

Hi!

1) Make a copy of the ORIGINAL file
2) Open it in Studio without TM and translate and few segments
3) Try to save it as a target file.
If this does not work, something is broken in the file.

If it does work...
4) Create a new temporary TM and make sure it is DE to EN
5) Import your translated sdlxliff file to the new temp TM
6) Open the file in Studio with the new TM. Make sure you have selected DE to EN.
7) Use either the P
... See more
Hi!

1) Make a copy of the ORIGINAL file
2) Open it in Studio without TM and translate and few segments
3) Try to save it as a target file.
If this does not work, something is broken in the file.

If it does work...
4) Create a new temporary TM and make sure it is DE to EN
5) Import your translated sdlxliff file to the new temp TM
6) Open the file in Studio with the new TM. Make sure you have selected DE to EN.
7) Use either the Pretranslate files batch function or Translate to Fuzzy option to repopulate your new sdxliff file.
8) Try to save as target file

Good luck!
Collapse

nusav
nusav

Local time: 02:07
English to Slovenian
+ ...
broken file Jun 12, 2012

I tried the first option and I couldn't export the file. My comment to Trados programmers is: if the file cannot be exported it should not even be imported.
I naively believed that if I can import a file I can also export it.

Now I cannot export an excel file because it says it cannot open it as is probably password protected (which is not). How was Trados then able to import it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Mismatch in Unique ID" Error. Urgent Delivery is Held Up By This!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »