Thread poster: Ingeborg Aalders
Ingeborg Aalders
Ingeborg Aalders
Netherlands
Local time: 19:37
French to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 12, 2012

Suddenly, my spelling checker stopped working, don't ask me why. I've gone through all the possibilities that were mentioned in the previous post about spelling checker problems (turned instances of word.exe on and off, restarted the computer), but nothing helps.

When I go to Plug-ins, the three spelling checker options are greyed out. If I double click on either of them, I get the message that 'the plug-in does not have a user interface'. My spelling checker in MS Office is working
... See more
Suddenly, my spelling checker stopped working, don't ask me why. I've gone through all the possibilities that were mentioned in the previous post about spelling checker problems (turned instances of word.exe on and off, restarted the computer), but nothing helps.

When I go to Plug-ins, the three spelling checker options are greyed out. If I double click on either of them, I get the message that 'the plug-in does not have a user interface'. My spelling checker in MS Office is working fine however.

Anyone a good suggestion?
Collapse

Max Masutin
Max Masutin
Ukraine
Local time: 20:37
English to Russian
+ ...
Ensure the necessary options are enabled and the required files are accessible. Apr 13, 2012

1) In the Plug-ins window, enable the Spelling Checkers section and select the Word Spelling Checker.
2) Check if only one version of SDL Trados is installed.
3) See if the required files (MSSP*.LEX, MSSP*.DLL) are located in %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof or a similar location.
Restarting the PC is not necessary.

Ingeborg Aalders
Ingeborg Aalders
Netherlands
Local time: 19:37
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Enabling spelling checkers impossible Apr 13, 2012

Hi Max,

thank you so much for your help. Unfortunately, at point 1) I already get stuck, because the radio buttons for spelling checkers in the Plug-ins section are greyed out. Point 2) & 3) are OK.

I'm afraid the only way to get this back to work, is to reinstall Trados...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No way to get spelling checker back to work in Tag Editor

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »