Do I need Microsoft Office installed for Winalign to work?
Thread poster: Jenni Sheppard

Jenni Sheppard  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:55
French to English
+ ...
Apr 12, 2012

I am using Winalign in Trados Studio 2011 for the first time, but every time I try to do anything with it, it crashes. When I hit Align Project, Align File Pair(s), even when I just try to Save Project.

To be specific, I am trying to align a French Word .doc and an English Word .doc - both are very short documents of less than a page with very little formatting. I have set Winalign to export as TMX and I have linked the pair in the Winalign interface.

I am running Trados Studio 2011 on Windows 7 using VMware Fusion on a Mac. Although I have Office for Mac installed on the Mac Snow Leopard OS side of my setup, I do not have Office for Windows installed on the Windows 7 side.

I'm sorry if this is an obvious problem or the question has been asked before, but I cannot for the life of me find an answer anywhere on the web!

[Edited at 2012-04-12 19:05 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalia Allende  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 18:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Me too! Apr 24, 2012

Hey! I'm having the exact same problem... THe only difference is that instead of using VMware for the virtual machine, I'm using Parallels...

I see no one apart from me has answered your question until today. I hope someone does... Haven't found a solution either. If I do, I'll let you know.

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:55
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
And the answer is… Apr 26, 2012

LF Aligner. Try it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do I need Microsoft Office installed for Winalign to work?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search