Trados Studio 2011: "Acess to the path (...) denied" error when trying to save a file
Thread poster: Edmundo Biglia

Edmundo Biglia  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:18
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 12, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a constant issue with Trados Studio 2011. I'm working on a file in the Editor view, then I try to save the file, but I get the following message:

"Access to the path [path to the SDLXLIFF file in question] is denied."

I browsed to the path of the file and found that, everytime I hit Ctrl+S on Trados Studio, a new copy of the file is created in the folder, with the same name, but a number is added to it. If I keep saving, many copies are created, all with the same file name, but with different numbers at the end.

This is very annoying and time-consuming because the files are not saved and the translation progress is not updated in the Files view. If I delete these additional copies created, close the file, and reopen it and hit Ctrl+S really quickly at the very moment the file is being opened, then it gets saved, but one second later, the error message starts poping again, and then I can't save again.

This is happening very often with every new project I'm working on and consumes a great deal of time--I even delayed some job deliveries because of the problem.

If anyone has been through this issue or knows its cause or how to solve it, I would REALLY appreciate the help.

Thank you very much in advance!

Katia Zanarini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:18
English to Italian
+ ...
Same problem but no solution found... May 2, 2013

Hi Ed,

I have the same problem as you but was not able to find any explenation to it... Did you get any answer or did you find any solution in the meanwhile?

Thanks for your help!

Edmundo Biglia  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:18
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry, but I still don't know the solution. May 2, 2013

Hi Katia,

As you can see, I posted this question here quite some time ago, and got no answers. The thing is, after some time, that issue simply stopped happening to me, and everything went back to normal. I'm not sure, but maybe what solved the problem was the fact that I updated my Trados Studio instance to the latest service pack. Do you have the most-up-to-date version? To make sure you do, you can use the 'Check for Updates' option in the Help menu.

I also remember that when the issue occurred, although the completion percentage didn't update in the Files view after saving, the file was indeed updated--if you go to the folder containing the file, you might see that the time modified matches the time you last saved it. Then, before delivering the project, you can just go to the files folder and delete the other ghost files created.

I'm really sorry I can't help you with a real solution for the problem.icon_frown.gif Hope you manage to work it out.

Ed

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:18
English
Perhaps... May 3, 2013

... you have some sort of a backup process (or virus check or something) that is locking the files and preventing them from being saved?

Do you have administration rights to the location you are saving to? Did you install Studio with administration rights? Does this happen all the time with every file?

It's a tricky one to answer without a little more information.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011: "Acess to the path (...) denied" error when trying to save a file

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search