Studio 2011 invisible tags disaster
Thread poster: Henning Holthusen

Henning Holthusen  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 14:05
English to German
+ ...
Apr 13, 2012

I am translating 3 documents contained in a wsxz file created with Studio 2009.

I have translated the texts, but now I am stuck with a huge tag problem.
The verifier gives me a ton of tag errors I cannot fix.

It claims that there are additional tags which I cannot see (usually apparently font format type tags).

Now Studio 2011 will not even let me export the job as a wsxz file (which is what the client demands) due to the errors, and I don't know what I am supposed to do.

Is this problem maybe due to the fact that I used 2011 instead of 2009? Is there any way (assuming I download and install 2009) to get the project into 2009? This would be my last resort, but would take a long, long time and the deadline is up.

Did I maybe turn off displaying tags somewhere? I can see various hyperlink tags, but not font/bold/italic tags. I already reset all options I could find to default.

Direct link Reply with quote

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:05
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Options Apr 13, 2012

I'm using the German UI: Go to Extras - Optionen. Click on "Editor". On the right side of the window, you'll now find "Side-by-side-Editor". Unter "Anzeige von Formatierungen", choose the option you want.

merinber
Germany
Local time: 07:05
German to English
Tag disaster Apr 13, 2012

Please go to 'View>Toolbars' and activate the 'Display Filter', if you have not yet done so. Select 'Display: All Content'. Secondly, by pressing the shortcut keys Ctr+Shift+H you can display all character formatting tags that are hidden by default (toggle function). This should show you all the tags that can be shown in Studio. Unfortunately. I have never heard of wsxz files. At any rate, good luck!

Henning Holthusen  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 14:05
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 13, 2012

Thanks guys.

It is inexplicable to me why Studio would hide tags as a default if they can screw up your translation. That's just stupid.

Yes, formatting tags ARE annoying. Yes, that you have to deal with them in Studio is a major disadvantage in comparison to Trados.

But the solution is obviously not hiding them!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 invisible tags disaster

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search