International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Studio 2011: cannot write into TM (TM contents not shown)
Thread poster: kakumi2

kakumi2
Japan
Local time: 21:30
Apr 15, 2012

Hello,
I am struggling to get translations into the TM: When translating a file in the "ditor", everything is fine. Matches are shown correctly, etc. And of course I enter the units in the TM using the "Confirm" button. When I open a different file with the same TM, again matches etc. are correctly shown. But: When I open the TM, nothing is shown, no contents at all. And nothing will be exported. But the translation units must be somewhere?? Because if not, matches would not be shown, right? I also checked with the untranslated source language file as a "differnt project" wioth the same TM, and the translation is properly shown.
I am sure I am missing something very obvious, but what? Of course, I have searched the Trados help site, and the manuals over and over, but I am lost.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Kakumi

Leena Kiehelä  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:30
Member (2012)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Having the same problem Apr 16, 2012

I have struggled with the same problem, so I'll be waiting with you for a solution to this probably very simple question...

kakumi2
Japan
Local time: 21:30
TOPIC STARTER
Nobody to help us...? Apr 29, 2012

Hello,
is really nobody out there who could help us? icon_cry.gif too sad...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:30
English
Must be a location thing... I think Apr 29, 2012

Hi Kakumi & leekie,

If you can see the TM results when you are in the Editor View then clearly they are in the TM. The most likely reason for your issue is that you are working with one TM (perhaps a Project TM) and then looking in the TM Maintenance View at another.

So, when you have the Editor open click on Project - Project Settings and navigate to Language Pairs - All Language Pairs - Translation Memory and Automated Translation. In here you will see in the pane on the right the TM you are using. Hover over the TM name and you will see the path to its location. Check to see that this is the same as the one you are looking at when you look under TM Maintenance.

Maybe this will shed some light on the problem?

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: cannot write into TM (TM contents not shown)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search