Error "The 'pageitem' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'P'.
Thread poster: Noha Mostafa
Noha Mostafa
Noha Mostafa  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 06:37
Member (2008)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 16, 2012

Hi all,

I'm using Studio 2009, Office 10 and Windows 7. After finishing the translation of the project, I wanted to save it in the Target language as usual. However, I got an error and couldn't save it in the Target language.
The error says: "The 'pageitem' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'P'. Line 19, position 419."
Although the first and last tag lines are inserted automatically by Trados.

The problem is not in this project only but it p
... See more
Hi all,

I'm using Studio 2009, Office 10 and Windows 7. After finishing the translation of the project, I wanted to save it in the Target language as usual. However, I got an error and couldn't save it in the Target language.
The error says: "The 'pageitem' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'P'. Line 19, position 419."
Although the first and last tag lines are inserted automatically by Trados.

The problem is not in this project only but it persists in all other projects whether new or old where the "start tag" and the "end tag" are not displayed correctly.

Can anybody help me with his advice in this problem.
Collapse

trent2101
trent2101
Dutch to Czech
+ ...
I have the same problem Apr 17, 2012

but only sometimes.
Of course it happens again if you use a suggested translation which contains something that is identified as a mistake by Trados.
It usually says that it cannot save the text as Word, because some tags were removed, but it never warns me while I translate. Today I was okay until I had 76% of the text done and then wanted to save..
it´s especially annoying when you have to drag everything back to word, including tables and so on...

Noha Mostafa
Egypt
Member (2008)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error "The 'pageitem' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'P'. Apr 17, 2012

Thank you Trent2101,

That's true. There was an empty line and when I tried to merge it with the string before it, I was not allowed to do the merge. Then do you suggest that the problem was due to something identified as a mistake by Trados.

The problem is that it pops up all of a sudden when you're about to deliver the translation and causes a lot of delay.

Aoife Ní Chinnéide
Aoife Ní Chinnéide
Local time: 05:37
French to English
+ ...
"pageitem" start tag error Apr 19, 2012

Hello
I experienced the same problem this morning, to my horror, because I was about to deliver a 10,000-word job and copying and pasting was not an option.
I saved the word document as Rich Text, ran it through Trados again and I was able to save it.
this might not work with more complex documents, if some tags are removed, but it worked for me today.
Regards
Aoife

Noha Mostafa
Egypt
Member (2008)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Pageitem" start tag Apr 19, 2012

Hello Aoife,

Many thanks for your valuable information. I think this would be the only way out.

Kind regards,
Noha

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error "The 'pageitem' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'P'.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »