https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/222830-how_to_exclude_translated_and_locked_segments_from_analysis_in_studio_2011.html

How to exclude translated and locked segments from analysis in Studio 2011
Thread poster: T-tive
T-tive
T-tive
Local time: 06:51
Apr 16, 2012

Hi,

I have 2 InDesign files in idml format with a lot of numbers in tables.
I did the Prepare without project translation on them, copied almost all numbers to target segments and later locked all those "translated" segments. I ran the analysis again thinking that I would get now only the unlocked segments in the count, but to my surprise Studio counted all segments, also the locked ones. Is there any way to exclude locked segments from analysis? How can I analyze the remaini
... See more
Hi,

I have 2 InDesign files in idml format with a lot of numbers in tables.
I did the Prepare without project translation on them, copied almost all numbers to target segments and later locked all those "translated" segments. I ran the analysis again thinking that I would get now only the unlocked segments in the count, but to my surprise Studio counted all segments, also the locked ones. Is there any way to exclude locked segments from analysis? How can I analyze the remaining material?

Lukasz
Collapse

T-tive
T-tive
TOPIC STARTER
Is it too difficult a question? Apr 17, 2012

Or maybe this question has been on the forum so often that nobody bothers to answer it anymore

Lukasz

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:51
English to Spanish
The "Confirmation Statistics" tab shows the info you need Apr 17, 2012

Hi Lukasz,

In order to check what you have done so far and how much there is for you to do you do not need to lock anything.

Just click on the "Files" tab on the bottom left area of your screen, then click on "Confirmation Statistics" (bottom of the right side panel), where you will find all the updated statistics you need at any given moment.

Next to it is the "Analysis Statistics", which shows you the exact original word count
... See more
Hi Lukasz,

In order to check what you have done so far and how much there is for you to do you do not need to lock anything.

Just click on the "Files" tab on the bottom left area of your screen, then click on "Confirmation Statistics" (bottom of the right side panel), where you will find all the updated statistics you need at any given moment.

Next to it is the "Analysis Statistics", which shows you the exact original word count, fuzzy matches counts, etc., for your active file, for billing purposes.

Best of luck!

[Edited at 2012-04-17 15:48 GMT]
Collapse

T-tive
T-tive
TOPIC STARTER
I need to evaluate the remaining material Apr 18, 2012

Hi,

thank you for taking your time to look into this.
Confirmation statistics are a great tool indeed, but what I need is to establish the remaining workload split into fuzzies, CMs, repetitions, exact matches and no matches...
Confirmation statistics show only translated vs not translated.
I would expect that there must be some way to see the remaining work load split into fuzzies, CMs and repetitions... But I just don't see how I can get to it.

And
... See more
Hi,

thank you for taking your time to look into this.
Confirmation statistics are a great tool indeed, but what I need is to establish the remaining workload split into fuzzies, CMs, repetitions, exact matches and no matches...
Confirmation statistics show only translated vs not translated.
I would expect that there must be some way to see the remaining work load split into fuzzies, CMs and repetitions... But I just don't see how I can get to it.

And Analysis Statistics show me - as you mentioned - the original word count (which includes naturally also the already translated and locked segments).

The category Translated is visible in analysis statistics in Translation Workspace for instance, so you can always see how much work is still ahead and what part of this work is fuzzies, exact matches etc.

Is there some way to see the same statistics in Studio 2011?

Lukasz
Collapse

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:51
English to Spanish
I simply run "Project/Batch Tasks/Analyze Files" at any time Apr 18, 2012

Hi Lucasz,

Every time I need updated statistics I simply run Project/Batch Tasks/Analyze Files at any time.

This operation gives updated detailed statistics, which will show in the "Analysis Statistics" tab, as we have discussed.

This is all I need to see how much work remains to be done (fuzzy matches, etc.), but from your post I guess you probably want more detail than that.

Miguel

[Edited at 2012-04-18 15:52 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to exclude translated and locked segments from analysis in Studio 2011

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »