Studio 2009: Merging two versions of a file?
Thread poster: xxxVikky2000
xxxVikky2000
English to German
Apr 16, 2012

Hello everyone,

first off I'm new on this board, so sorry if I do anything wrong.

For my current project I'm working with Trados Studio 2009 on several long .txt files. Since we just have one week my proofreader (who is not using Trados!) wants to check the .txt files every day even if they're not completely finished. But I, on the other hand, don't want to wait until I get his corrected version to continue working on the file. Since I'm still quite new to Studio I'm wondering what would be the best way to merge two versions of the same file? (a proofread version and the version I'm working on)

Since it's only .txt files it shouldn't be a problem to use external tools too, but I was wondering whether Studio 2009 has a built in feature for that.

Kind Regards,
Victoria

[Edited at 2012-04-16 08:34 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: Merging two versions of a file?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search