TTX files
Thread poster: Pedro Godfroid

Pedro Godfroid
Local time: 23:43
English to French
+ ...
Apr 16, 2012

At last I have a possibility to get work but they ask for TTX file format. As I'm a n00b and not rich, I cannot buy the extremely pricey Trados software. So what's the free or cheap (I mean less than 50 euros, I'm in a very tight financial situation) alternative to produce this kind of file without having to buy Trados?

Thanks and bye.

--
Pedro Godfroid Goffin

Direct link Reply with quote

Abdelhady Hamid  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 00:43
Member (2012)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Take it easy Apr 16, 2012

If you want a license, I can give you a license for trados 6, 7,9

It will give you a license forever
email me at the following e-mail:
info@localizegroup.com

Hope you have a happy weekend

Pedro Godfroid
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Do not know Apr 16, 2012

Abdel hady Hamid wrote:

If you want a license, I can give you a license for trados 6, 7,9

It will give you a license forever
email me at the following e-mail:
info@localizegroup.com

Hope you have a happy weekend

I really do not know about licenses nor about Trados, I just know the requisite to be able to do the job is File Format TTX and that file format is from Trados and that Trados is incredibly expensive for me. It seems another catch-22 issue

Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Download the trial version Apr 16, 2012

Just download the latest trialversion of Trados 2011 from the SDL website. It allows you to process TTX files and works for 30 days. This should be enough to process your first project.

If this sounds to complex, send me the TTX file, I'll convert it into a bilingual Word table for you and I can also recreate a TTX file from it after you entered the translation in the table.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TTX files

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search