Error Code 50040... the activation policy because max extra acts
Thread poster: SDL Community

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:20
Apr 16, 2012

I thought it was worth posting this enhancement to the licensing centre in your My Account area for 2007 and 2009 users:

Basically the KB article this links to explains how the Licensing team have implemented a mechanism for you to force return the license yourself if you were unable to return the license before activating it again. It will not work ad infinitum so you should still return your license before attempting to reactivate it again. But it may be a useful fall back when you find yourself without a license late on a Friday night and have no support team to contact until Monday.

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:20
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Please add this to the sticky thread Apr 16, 2012

Hi Paul, would you mind to add this also to the sticky thread:

(I will remove irrelevant posts from it)

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error Code 50040... the activation policy because max extra acts

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search