Trados keyboard shortcuts do not work anymore in Word
Thread poster: laure_sim
laure_sim
Local time: 05:22
English to French
Apr 17, 2012

Since recently (i believe it is since i've installed SDL Trados Studio 2011, although i wouldn't bet on that), none of my Trados keyboard shortcuts work anymore in Word (2007) (when using Workbench with Word). I have to select all menu items one by one with the mouse in the SDL Trados menu in Word, which really is annoying. I've tried to repair SDL Trados 2007, but to no avail.
Does anyone have had the same problem and would someone know how to solve this? Thanks.

Actually, i've just found another entry about the same problem (Trados keyboard shortcuts not working). So the problem is solved and the case closed. Thanks.

[Edited at 2012-04-17 13:07 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 07:22
English to Arabic
+ ...
Working around the problem Apr 24, 2012

The reason for Trados keyboard shortcuts not to work is the conflict between Trados shortcuts & Word assigned shortcuts.

Solution that worked with Word 2007:

Assign another shortcut that matched your desire as follows:
Right-click a free space on Word menu bar and select “Customize Quick Access Toolbar…” >> Click “Customize…” button located down>> under “Categories:” select “Macros>> under “Macros:” select “tw4win???" where “???” is the command you need to assign shortcut for.

Locate your cursor on “Press new shortcut key” box and press your desired shortcut key.

Done
Kind regards

[Edited at 2012-04-24 11:55 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados keyboard shortcuts do not work anymore in Word

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search