Thread poster: 564354352 (X)
564354352 (X)
564354352 (X)  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 06:31
Danish to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2012

I have recently started getting this error message every time I close down TWB (SDL Trados Suite 2007):

TW4Win.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x54020c0c" referenced memory at "0x029e2108". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate program.

When I click OK, the dialogue box disappears, and I have no trouble opening TWB again, but the same error message keeps reocurring.

Can someone please tell me what it means,
... See more
I have recently started getting this error message every time I close down TWB (SDL Trados Suite 2007):

The instruction at "0x54020c0c" referenced memory at "0x029e2108". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate program.

When I click OK, the dialogue box disappears, and I have no trouble opening TWB again, but the same error message keeps reocurring.

Can someone please tell me what it means, what effect it has on the Trados package (or indeed on the entire computer setup), and how to eliminate the error?

Many thanks in advance.

Gitte
Collapse

Céline Odo
Céline Odo  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Me too! Apr 23, 2012

Hello,

I've been experiencing the exact same problem for several days now.
Hope someone from SDL will be able to answer.

Thanks!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Documented as a Citrix Error Apr 23, 2012

Hi,

There is a KB on this same error message here:

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4060&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

Are you running in this environment?

Regards

Paul

564354352 (X)
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not really Apr 23, 2012

Hi Paul

Thanks, but...

No, my setup is much simpler than that:

standalone computer
Office 2007
SDL Trados Suite 2007

To my knowledge, I have not recently updated anything to do with Citrix... I'm no IT buff, and the only updates I install are those automatically recommended by Microsoft and my computer's automatic update system (Lenovo ThinkPad).

Kind regards

Gitte

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Tricky... Apr 24, 2012

Hi Gitte,

After asking around the support team it seems this is one we have no ready answer for. You could try a reinstall and clean the registry before reinstalling, but there is no guarantee on this either.

I think this is just an annoying message and it doesn't actually cause a problem at least, but if you can't resolve this with a reinstall etc. then your best bet is to use the solution finder to raise a case with the support team and someone can take a better look
... See more
Hi Gitte,

After asking around the support team it seems this is one we have no ready answer for. You could try a reinstall and clean the registry before reinstalling, but there is no guarantee on this either.

I think this is just an annoying message and it doesn't actually cause a problem at least, but if you can't resolve this with a reinstall etc. then your best bet is to use the solution finder to raise a case with the support team and someone can take a better look.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

564354352 (X)
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reinstall Trados? Apr 24, 2012

Hi Paul

Thanks for looking further into this.

Do you mean that I should reinstall Trados, or what?

Kind regards

Gitte

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
It's worth a try.. Apr 25, 2012

Hi Gitte,

I don't know if this will help, but it's worth a try. If it doesn't do any good then please raise a case through the solution finder.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message ... etc... See more
Hi Gitte,

I don't know if this will help, but it's worth a try. If it doesn't do any good then please raise a case through the solution finder.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message ... etc
-- The error occurs in SDL Trados 2007
--- I receive an error message that is different to the ones listed here
---- I followed the instructions but the issue is still there

Assuming nothing helps you on the way through these options then complete the form that comes up at this point to generate a support request and you should be contacted within a few days.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

564354352 (X)
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Case logged Apr 25, 2012

Hi Paul

Thanks again - I had already tried re-registering, to no avail, but I followed your instructions, and the problem is still there.

Have now logged a case with your support team.

Appreciate your help, thanks

Gitte

Angelika Steiner
Angelika Steiner  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Same problem Jun 28, 2012

Hi Gitte,

I have been having exactly the same problem with exactly the same message when I close Trados Workbench for several weeks. I think it has to do with an interrupted process when I got confused with starting Workbench and TagEditor simultaneously, but it could also have to do with the fact that I installed the old MultiTerm version 2007 again (in addition to MultiTerm 2011).

If you have logged this case with SDL, perhaps you have received a number under which on
... See more
Hi Gitte,

I have been having exactly the same problem with exactly the same message when I close Trados Workbench for several weeks. I think it has to do with an interrupted process when I got confused with starting Workbench and TagEditor simultaneously, but it could also have to do with the fact that I installed the old MultiTerm version 2007 again (in addition to MultiTerm 2011).

If you have logged this case with SDL, perhaps you have received a number under which one can check if they have already provided a solution?

Regards,
Angelika
Collapse

564354352 (X)
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL never made good on their promise to help, sadly Jun 28, 2012

Hi Angelika

Unfortunately, I never got an answer from SDL, despite being promised that one of their supporters would contact me shortly.

So, as I do not have a support agreement with SDL, under which I am quite sure they would find a way of resolving the problem, this annoying message keeps popping up every time I close TWB.

What is a girl to do?

Best of luck in getting help from SDL.

Kind regards
Gitte

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Getting help from SDL Jun 28, 2012

Hi Gitte,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a response. We looked into it this morning to see what happened to your support request and can't find your case at all.

We have two email addresses for you on our system and we can see these two cases you submitted under one of the addresses;

83422 (closed 25/3/11) in which you wrote “Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated.”
70333 (closed 24/11/10) in which you wrote “Many thanks for the
... See more
Hi Gitte,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a response. We looked into it this morning to see what happened to your support request and can't find your case at all.

We have two email addresses for you on our system and we can see these two cases you submitted under one of the addresses;

83422 (closed 25/3/11) in which you wrote “Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated.”
70333 (closed 24/11/10) in which you wrote “Many thanks for the clear instruction.”

These are pretty old as you can see, and we have no cases under your other email address.

One possible reason for this is that you mistyped your details into the contact form. If they are incorrect then we can't get back to you as we don't know who you are.

Perhaps you can try again if this is still a problem for you, and if you don't see a response feel free to drop me an email and I can follow up.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]
Collapse

564354352 (X)
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Paul Jun 28, 2012

Hi Paul

As I gave up hearing from you, I haven't kept the email where you confirmed having registered my case.

However, I will submit it again later and look forward to a reply from you then.

Thanks for taking the time to respond here.

Kind regards
Gitte

P.S. I have now logged the case again and eagerly await a reply.

[Edited at 2012-06-28 06:5
... See more
Hi Paul

As I gave up hearing from you, I haven't kept the email where you confirmed having registered my case.

However, I will submit it again later and look forward to a reply from you then.

Thanks for taking the time to respond here.

Kind regards
Gitte

P.S. I have now logged the case again and eagerly await a reply.

[Edited at 2012-06-28 06:57 GMT]
Collapse

564354352 (X)
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Excellent help from SDL Jun 28, 2012

After lodging the case with SDL again, I was contacted by Radu Ciobanu from SDL who accessed my computer and fixed the problem!

Wonderful! The annoying message has now disappeared.

Radu has sent me this explanation and allowed me to post it here:

In order to fix this issue I did the following:

1.Returned the license for 2007.
2.Remove Trados 2007 from Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.

3.As a next step please go to:
... See more
After lodging the case with SDL again, I was contacted by Radu Ciobanu from SDL who accessed my computer and fixed the problem!

Wonderful! The annoying message has now disappeared.

Radu has sent me this explanation and allowed me to post it here:

In order to fix this issue I did the following:

1.Returned the license for 2007.
2.Remove Trados 2007 from Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.

3.As a next step please go to:

Start -> Run-> type "regedit" - without quote marks -> and press Enter

4.Enter this key in Windows Registries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trados\TW4Win
Right click on TW4Win folder and delete it.

5.Install Trados 2007 again.
6.Activate it and you can see that the error is no longer there when closing workbench.

Angelika, I hope this is helpful to you.

Kind regards
Gitte
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »