Do all Trados applications run on either of 32-bit and 64-bit Windows?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 20, 2012

I'm about to purchase a new laptop in Hong Kong, but it has Windows 7 64-bit, which, according to this posting, would cause problems when running SDL Trados MultiTerm:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/183098-64_bit_version_of_sdl_trados_studio_2009.html

So I wonder if I should buy an upgrade license for Windows 7 32-bit at the same time when I purchase the laptop?

[Edited at 2012-04-20 11:44 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Compatibility mode: would that work for MultiTerm for 64-bit OS? Apr 20, 2012

Compatibility mode: would that work for MultiTerm for 64-bit OS?

Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 21:16
English to German
Win 64 simulates Win 32, but ... Apr 20, 2012

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

Does all Trados applications run on either of 32-bit and 64-bit Windows?

32 bit software runs under any Windows version. 64 bit software runs under Windows 64 only. This is a general rule. But of course I haven't tested this with all Trados applications.

But caution: Trados applications interact directly (i. e. not via files) with each other and e. g. with your word processor etc. In many cases this interaction will fail if one of the partners is 32 bit while the other is 64 bit.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search