Error opening and creating termbases in MultiTerm 2011 SP1
Thread poster: Sandor Juhasz

Sandor Juhasz
Local time: 13:19
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Apr 20, 2012

MultiTerm 2011 SP1 cannot open any of my termbases. The following message pops up: "This termbase cannot be opened because it has been created with an unsupported version of MultiTerm."

When I try to create a termbase, the following error message appears: "MultiTerm is unable to create the termbase."

Reinstallation of MultiTerm did not solve the problem.

Any idea is appreciated.

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
Similar problem Apr 21, 2012

I have a similar (though not necessarily the same) problem in that I cannot create a termbase in Multiterm 2011 SP1.

[Edited at 2012-04-21 20:09 GMT]

Sandor Juhasz
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Further information Apr 21, 2012

Complete uninstallation/reinstallation of MultiTerm and Microsoft Visual C++ did not help...

Tom Tyson  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:19
German to English
Download it again Apr 22, 2012

Sandor Juhasz wrote:

Complete uninstallation/reinstallation of MultiTerm and Microsoft Visual C++ did not help...

Hi.

Did you reinstall from your original download or did you download the whole thing again from your SDL account? That was the only way I coud get mine working.

Sandor Juhasz
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Downloaded Apr 22, 2012

I downloaded the latest version from my account.

Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
Same problem here May 7, 2012

As per Subject. If anyone finds/has found a solution other than trashing MT 2011 and Studio 2011 too,icon_smile.gif, please let us know.

Wolfgang

Sandor Juhasz
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Lodging a support case May 8, 2012

Hi Wolfgang,

Try to contact SDL Support under Knowledgebase/Solution Finder/Download and Installation Problems/The installation went fine, but I get an error message when/The error occurs in SDL MultiTerm 2011. SDL will reply soon.

I also started this process but couldn't complete it because I urgently needed to use MultiTerm, so I finally restored a previous state of my computer.

Best regards,

Sandor

Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
Lodging a support case May 10, 2012

[quote]Sandor Juhasz wrote:

Hi Wolfgang,

Try to contact SDL Support under Knowledgebase/Solution Finder/Download and Installation Problems/The installation went fine, but I get an error message when/The error occurs in SDL MultiTerm 2011. SDL will reply soon.

I also started this process but couldn't complete it because I urgently needed to use MultiTerm, so I finally restored a previous state of my computer.

Hi Sandor
thanks for your reply. Alas, I couldn't find anything in the Knowledge Base so far as it is, as so many SDL items, overloaden, redundant, confusing.
So I did like you did, went back to a previous installation in another VM and will look into the matter when I have more time.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error opening and creating termbases in MultiTerm 2011 SP1

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search