Error opening and creating termbases in MultiTerm 2011 SP1
Thread poster: Sandor Juhasz
Sandor Juhasz
Local time: 20:56
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Apr 20, 2012

MultiTerm 2011 SP1 cannot open any of my termbases. The following message pops up: "This termbase cannot be opened because it has been created with an unsupported version of MultiTerm."

When I try to create a termbase, the following error message appears: "MultiTerm is unable to create the termbase."

Reinstallation of MultiTerm did not solve the problem.

Any idea is appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
Member (2012)
English to Russian
+ ...
Similar problem Apr 21, 2012

I have a similar (though not necessarily the same) problem in that I cannot create a termbase in Multiterm 2011 SP1.

[Edited at 2012-04-21 20:09 GMT]

Sandor Juhasz
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Further information Apr 21, 2012

Complete uninstallation/reinstallation of MultiTerm and Microsoft Visual C++ did not help...

Tom Tyson  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:56
German to English
Download it again Apr 22, 2012

Sandor Juhasz wrote:

Complete uninstallation/reinstallation of MultiTerm and Microsoft Visual C++ did not help...

Hi.

Did you reinstall from your original download or did you download the whole thing again from your SDL account? That was the only way I coud get mine working.

Sandor Juhasz
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Downloaded Apr 22, 2012

I downloaded the latest version from my account.

Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
Same problem here May 7, 2012

As per Subject. If anyone finds/has found a solution other than trashing MT 2011 and Studio 2011 too,, please let us know.

Wolfgang

Sandor Juhasz
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Lodging a support case May 8, 2012

Hi Wolfgang,

Try to contact SDL Support under Knowledgebase/Solution Finder/Download and Installation Problems/The installation went fine, but I get an error message when/The error occurs in SDL MultiTerm 2011. SDL will reply soon.

I also started this process but couldn't complete it because I urgently needed to use MultiTerm, so I finally restored a previous state of my computer.

Best regards,

Sandor

Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
Lodging a support case May 10, 2012

[quote]Sandor Juhasz wrote:

Hi Wolfgang,

Try to contact SDL Support under Knowledgebase/Solution Finder/Download and Installation Problems/The installation went fine, but I get an error message when/The error occurs in SDL MultiTerm 2011. SDL will reply soon.

I also started this process but couldn't complete it because I urgently needed to use MultiTerm, so I finally restored a previous state of my computer.

Hi Sandor
thanks for your reply. Alas, I couldn't find anything in the Knowledge Base so far as it is, as so many SDL items, overloaden, redundant, confusing.
So I did like you did, went back to a previous installation in another VM and will look into the matter when I have more time.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error opening and creating termbases in MultiTerm 2011 SP1

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search