"In Review") (SDL Trados support)"> Trados 2011 and automatic file status change ("In translation" ->"In Review") (SDL Trados support)

Trados 2011 and automatic file status change ("In translation" ->"In Review")
Thread poster: Szymon Cegielka

Szymon Cegielka  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:56
English to Polish
+ ...
Apr 21, 2012

This is not a gamebreaking issue at all - more a cosmetic/ "it just does not feel right" one.

Being used to how Trados 2009 handled this I am now wondering if it is possible to get the same behaviour in Trados 2011.
Now the issue itself - whenever I confirm all the segments in Editor mode and save a file, it's status changes to "In Review" and the progress bar/percentage mark gets reset. Now Trados 2009 would keep "In Translation" status and the progress bar would be full and marked with 100% - this allowed me to quickly check what is done and what's not/ how much there is left.

I know that I can either:
A) unconfirm one segment and leave the files at 99% (unsatisfactory - it just does not look all right ;> )
B) open the file for review and simply close it, approving the whole contents (satisfactory - the progress bar is 100% however this is that additional tiny bit of work that you sometimes just don't want to do)

David Terhart  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Same issue here Sep 24, 2012

Does anybody have an idea how the "status" of a file in the "Files" view can be changed manually?

Brent Pickering  Identity Verified
French to English
Workaround solution Nov 6, 2012

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem and just spotted this workaround by Paul of SDL Support - and this worked for me:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Another solution... Oct 10

... is to select the offending file and run the Translation Count Batch Task on it. This corrects the count and the status in one go. So, Project -> Batch tasks -> Translation Count

Regards

Paul
---------------------------------------------------------------------

(I found I then had to open the file and then Save it, without doing anything, to update the file's status and word count.)

For the full story, see: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/234194-cannot_exit_review_mode_in_studio_2011.html

I hope this helpsicon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2012-11-06 18:29 GMT]

LinguaLab.net
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:56
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Thanks for the tip Feb 27, 2013

Thanks for the tip, it is much more satisfying to see 100% than 0%! icon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2013-02-27 09:06 GMT]

Thomas Rebotier  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:56
English to French
Don't leave an untouched 100% context match Sep 30, 2013

I had the same problem and Paul's trick didn't work, then I compared the file to others in the same project and the only difference was the presence of a 100% context match. I guess that segment was already in the "in review" mode and thus forced the entire file to be in the "in review" status. So I added and deleted a space at the end of that segment, CTRL-ENTER'd it, saved the file and, lo!, it was back to "in translation", 100% done.
I guess this won't help much if you have a lot of 100% CM's or at least it will be a drag... Definitely an unwelcome feature. We should be able to force the status down at the file level.

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:56
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Another solution Feb 3, 2017

Brent's solution worked for me on one project where I could not create a return package because one of the files was stuck "IN REVIEW". However, on the next project there were "no tasks available" under Batch Tasks.

My solution was PROJECT > Revert Project to In Progress

[Edited at 2017-02-03 15:12 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 and automatic file status change ("In translation" ->"In Review")

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search