Studio 2009 and also Tag Editor/Workbench with Windows x 64 and Office 2010 x 32
Thread poster: xxxjacana54
xxxjacana54  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 23, 2012

Hi,

I'm about to get a new computer and I've been advised to buy one with Windows x 64 and then to install Office x 32. I'm thinking of Office 2010.

I've been reading these forums and I think this should be OK, but I need to get all the advice I can (and I haven't heard back from the SDL page where I sent a question).

Will Tag Editor work in these conditions?

Will Workbench work for the sole purpose of importing/exporting TMs? (I never use Trados Freelance 2007 for Word).

And last but not least: I've looked at the system requirements for Studio 2009 and the forum entries, and apparently the problems with Office 2010 have been overcome. Does anyone have any comments about this?

Thank you! Have a good week.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:19
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
All fine Apr 23, 2012

The combination you're looking at is fine. That's exactly what I run on my machine.

The only problem is getting Workbench to work with the 64-bit version of Office 2010. It only works with the 32-bit version.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 and also Tag Editor/Workbench with Windows x 64 and Office 2010 x 32

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search