Thread poster: Mariana Solanet

Mariana Solanet  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:16
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 23, 2012

I have licenses for Trados Suite 2009 and Suite 2007,which was provided free when I upgraded 3 years ago.
Yesterday, I tried to open Workbench (2007), the system said I needed to have a valid license to use it and prompted me either to purchase a license or to enter my activation code in order to use the program. I did that and was able to use it, but this morning when I tried to open Trados 2009, a window told me "You need to have a valid license to execute Trados 2009" and that I needed to either purchase a license or enter my activation code.

I tried to activate the product again as I had done with 2007, but this time I received this message: "The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 3416-3426565(Código de error 50040)"

What does this mean? And most importantly, what do I have to do in order to reactivate my license so I can use Trados? Do I have to return a license?

I don't understand why this happened.
I also have both programs installed in a Parallels Desktop VM in a Mac laptop computer, but I rarely ever use it there since it runs impossibly slow. It is an absolute nightmare and I'm considering removing it altogether.

Could you please tell me how I can solve this issue TODAY? I use Trados 2009 practically every day and this is nuisance or who I can contact at SDL?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Mariana Solanet

Direct link Reply with quote

Mariana Solanet  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:16
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved!!! Apr 23, 2012

I opened the license manager for Trados 2009 and clicked on "repair license" and the issue was solved. I was then able to open Trados normally.

Thanks and regards!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with my Trados Suite licenses

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search