SDLX "disappeared"!
Thread poster: JulietteC
JulietteC
Local time: 22:49
English to French
Apr 23, 2012

Hi,

I have a big problem with my SDL Trados 2007 Freelance software.

I recently installed SDLX Lite because I couldn't open a file from a client with the 2007 Freelance version. For some reason, it worked.

Problem is that since I installed SDLX Lite, I can't access to the "full" SDLX Freelance tool (I mean the interface in which you can share an itd file in several smaller files, etc). The SDLX just doesn't appear anymore in Programs>SDL International>SDL Trados 2007 Freelance...

I tried to remove SDLX Lite and SDL Trados 2007 Freelance, then to reinstall SDL Trados 2007 Freelance, but the problem remains the same...

Did someone meet the same problem?

Thanks a lot,

Juliette.

Direct link Reply with quote

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:49
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Trados Build 863 Apr 24, 2012

Your Trados 2007 may not be the latest build. Try to install build 863. You can download this from your account in the Trados TranslationZone.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 23:49
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Re-assign files Apr 24, 2012

What happens, when you double-click a itd-file? If itd is assigned to SDLX lite, remove this assignment in the folder options.
Something like you described has never happened to me. Do you know that you can open and translate SDLX-files also in Trados Tageditor?

JulietteC
Local time: 22:49
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 24, 2012

Thank you for your answers!

I have the latest build, and when I double-click on an itd file, it is assigned to SDLX Lite. If I remove SDLX Lite, I can't open it at all.

Would you know how I can contact SDL?

(I tried translationzone.com but only found general help topics, but not email address to explain my problem.)

Thanks a lot,

Juliette.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 23:49
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Did you try My support Apr 24, 2012

After logging into My account go to my support and follow the steps which lead to a form to fill in.
In windows you could try to go back to the situation before you installed Lite. Control Panel > Recovery.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX "disappeared"!

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search