https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/223396-error_when_trying_to_install_trados_upgrade.html

Error when trying to install Trados upgrade
Thread poster: Hilde Nicolaisen
Hilde Nicolaisen
Hilde Nicolaisen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 10:21
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Apr 24, 2012

Hello good people,

I'm having some trouble installing my upgrade from Trados Studio 2011 Freelance to Freelance Plus.

As adviced I installed Multiterm first, then tried to install Trados Studio 2011 SP 1, but got the following error messages:

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. The error code is 2902."

"Set-up did not complete. Package 'SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP1' could not be installed. Error number: 16
... See more
Hello good people,

I'm having some trouble installing my upgrade from Trados Studio 2011 Freelance to Freelance Plus.

As adviced I installed Multiterm first, then tried to install Trados Studio 2011 SP 1, but got the following error messages:

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. The error code is 2902."

"Set-up did not complete. Package 'SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP1' could not be installed. Error number: 1603."

Do any of you have any idea what this means and how I can fix it?

I downloaded the .exe files from My Downloads. I wasn't asked for any license key (which can be found under My Licences).

Hilde
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when trying to install Trados upgrade

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »