Workbench changes codepage
Thread poster: Dejan Škrebić

Dejan Škrebić  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 19:33
English to Serbian
+ ...
Apr 25, 2012

Hello.

I make a TM for English>Bosniac pair. When I open a DOC file in Word, open a TU, enter translation and add it to the TM the TU closes and shows the text in wrong coding.

Namely, my system uses Cyrillic code page (Windows XP + Serbian Cyrillic LIP = Windows 1251). Bosniac (but Serbian Latin also, have tried) uses Windows 1250. When I close a TU its content should be in Latin, but the specific CP1250 characters (such as š, đ, ч...) are shown as translated from CP1251 (љ, р, и...)

This was not an issue earlier.

Anyone understands the problem and has a solution?


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench changes codepage

Advanced search







memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search