https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/223553-open_mt2007_termbase_in_mt2011.html

Open MT2007 termbase in MT2011
Thread poster: Lennart Helgesson
Lennart Helgesson
Lennart Helgesson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 18:08
Danish to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 26, 2012

In SDLHELP I read:

Termbases that have been created in MultiTerm 6.x to MultiTerm 2007 are supported and can be opened directly in MultiTerm Desktop 2011.

My question.

When I do this I get a warning:
This termbase has been created with an older version of MT and has to be updated.
Continue opening termbases?

If I do this will I later be able to open my termbase in MT
... See more
In SDLHELP I read:

Termbases that have been created in MultiTerm 6.x to MultiTerm 2007 are supported and can be opened directly in MultiTerm Desktop 2011.

My question.

When I do this I get a warning:
This termbase has been created with an older version of MT and has to be updated.
Continue opening termbases?

If I do this will I later be able to open my termbase in MT2007.
Use it in both MT 2007 and MT 2011

Regards

Lennart Helgesson
www.tekniktyska.se
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:08
English
You will end up with two seperate termbases Apr 26, 2012

Hi Lennart,

The upgrade creates a new version of your termbase so you can continue manually updating both if you really want to. You can't open the 2011 termbase with 2007 so you wiull be duplicating all your effort... in fact more than duplication because you'd need to keep track of what you added to 2011 while you worked (and vice versa) and then add them as a seperate operation later to the other version.

But why would you do this?

MultiTerm 2011 can be
... See more
Hi Lennart,

The upgrade creates a new version of your termbase so you can continue manually updating both if you really want to. You can't open the 2011 termbase with 2007 so you wiull be duplicating all your effort... in fact more than duplication because you'd need to keep track of what you added to 2011 while you worked (and vice versa) and then add them as a seperate operation later to the other version.

But why would you do this?

MultiTerm 2011 can be used by SDL Trados 2007 Suite and upwards.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open MT2007 termbase in MT2011

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »