Karina Garcia Pedroche
Karina Garcia Pedroche  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 26, 2012

Hello all!

I am trying to open two MS Word documents with text embedded in tables, and Trados Studio 2011 shows an error saying "The file you are opening does not contain any bilingual segment."

It seems that Trados is recognizing the Word files as bilingual files. How can I solve this?

I'd like to add some screenshots for you to see the format of the tables, but I am afraid I don't know how to use html code to embed them. Can someone also teach me to do it
... See more
Hello all!

I am trying to open two MS Word documents with text embedded in tables, and Trados Studio 2011 shows an error saying "The file you are opening does not contain any bilingual segment."

It seems that Trados is recognizing the Word files as bilingual files. How can I solve this?

I'd like to add some screenshots for you to see the format of the tables, but I am afraid I don't know how to use html code to embed them. Can someone also teach me to do it?

Thank you in advance!

Karina
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:05
English
Different problem I think... Apr 26, 2012

Hi Karina,

There is an option in Tools - Options - Filetypes - "Word version you are opening" - Common - Process files with tw4winMark style. Try checking this option and the file will probably process correctly.

This option allows you to treat a monolingual word file that contains the style normally found in bilingual word documents as a monolingual file.

Regards

Paul

Karina Garcia Pedroche
Karina Garcia Pedroche  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect! Apr 26, 2012

Thank you so very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when opening table in MS Word format

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »