florent bousson  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:21
Spanish to French
+ ...
Apr 27, 2012

Hi,

Explanation of the issue:

I'm translating some doc files (light products user manuals --> sections hyprelinks, text, images, tables) in TagEditor 7 Freelance.
Build: 7.0.0.615
Windows XP pro SP2 (running as virtual machine on iMac Intel OS X 10.5.8)

1. Open the file + save as TTX --> OK
2. Translation process --> OK
3. Clean up or Save as target --> OK

Two issues occur when I open the target doc file in Word 2003 in order to review / proofread.

1. some images (and not all) have a red cross --> they are invisible
2. the list of the sections of the manual (hyperlinks) doesn't appear

I checked on SDL support, in Proz's forum, etc…
I tried to open/repair the doc files in Word + new trans process (fuzzies) + clean up --> Same issue
I saved the files as rtf + new trans process (fuzzies) + clean up --> Same issue
I opened the docx files (my client gave me the doc + docx files, just in case), saved them as doc file + new trans process (fuzzies) + clean up --> Same issue
I tried to open directly the docx files in TagEditor, but I need an ini file that I don't have

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Florent

Direct link Reply with quote

Albert Golub  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:21
English to French
voir ça Apr 27, 2012

d'après ce que j'ai lu, une case à cocher de word peut se désactiver toute seule (je n'ai pas de certitude)

bonne chance

The Picture placeholders feature in Word helps preserve your computing resources by displaying only the outline of an inserted object.

With the picture placeholders enabled, you will notice faster scrolling and that the screen updates more quickly.

Users who have older equipment with limited resources or users who multi-task will find this invaluable. For others, this will be annoying and confusing at best.

If you would like to change the way Word handles inserted objects – and don’t let the name fool you, the feature does not just limit itself to pictures – follow these easy steps:

1. From the Tools menu select Options

2. Click on the View tab

3. Check or uncheck the box beside the label Picture placeholders

http://www.cydeweys.com/blog/2008/06/26/how-to-fix-images-not-displaying-in-microsoft-word-2007/

Recently I’ve been hit by a bug (or what I thought was a bug) in Microsoft Word 2007: images embedded in the document did not display in any mode other than “Full Screen Reading”. And since the editing ribbons are not available in that mode, it’s hard to get work done. This all started when Word crashed on me one time; ever since then, images simply haven’t been displaying correctly. I get a border where the image should be and white space inside. But when I send the file to other people and they open it, they can view the images just fine. I can even add images to documents; I just can’t see them.

So I performed a Google search on this issue, but the only relevant “solution” was behind a paywall over at ExpertSexchange. After a few minutes of trying to figure it out on my own, I stumbled upon the solution, and to save everyone from the hell that is ExpertSexchange, here it is:

Click the Office Button (it’s in the upper left corner of Word), select “Word Options”, select “Advanced” in the left pane, scroll down to the “Show document content” subsection, and uncheck the “Show picture placeholders” option. Yes, it’s that simple. Somehow, when Word crashes, this option can get turned on all by itself. It’s really annoying because there’s no clue that Word is intentionally hiding images from you; it just feels like a bug. And the reason for this insane option?

4. Click Ok

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issue with images after Save as target/clean up a DOC file in Tag Editor 7

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search