Merging Translation memories
Thread poster: wilhelmina

wilhelmina  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:49
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 30, 2012

I have started using Trados recently. By now, I know the basic features, such as how to create TM's and allignment. I would like to merge certain TM's to create larger TM's organised according to subject areas. However, I just can't figure out how that is done. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:49
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
upgrade TM wizard Apr 30, 2012

Unfortunately you don't mention which version you're using.
If you are using Studio 2009 or 2011, simply go to upgrade translation memories (on the home page) and follow the Wizard.
It's a little misleading that it's called "upgrade" because in addition to legacy formats you can also add .sdltm files here, which don't have to be upgraded.

wilhelmina  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:49
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrade Translation Memories May 1, 2012

Thank you for your reply Emma. I have Trados 2011. I am now trying to figure it out. Would it be OK to contact you if I can formulate a more specific question?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merging Translation memories

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search