Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Help : Urgent problem with Trados Studio 2009 activation
Thread poster: Eloïse Notet

Eloïse Notet  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:15
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
May 1, 2012

Hello everyone,

I have a rather urgent problem (I wanted to work this evening, but it is compromised..)

My have both Studio 2009 and 2011, working properly until now. (+ 2007)
I had to deactivate the licences because a problem with Office, and want now to reactivate them.
The problem is the following:

I do not find the license for 2009 on my SDL page!
I find:
SDL Passolo 2011
SDL 2007 Suite
SDL Trados Studio 2011

I tried to use the licence of 2007 but, it does not work..
I apparently have a licence key on my license manager for Studio 2009, but when trying to return it: I read: Can not perform support action on inactive entitlement line item (error 50040).

Could someone help me asap??...
Thanks in advance!
Eloïse


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Cinzia Landi
Italy
Local time: 22:15
English to Italian
Tonight you could use 2007 May 1, 2012

Tonight you could use 2007, tomorrow morning you can write SDL and they will send you your license number. Then you can import the TM in 2009 and apply translated segments to a copy of the files.

This is what I would do to not to waste time.
Regards,
Cinzia


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Eloïse Notet  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:15
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Cinzia, May 1, 2012

Unfortunately,

I am doing a proofreading received in Studio 2009 format, I won't be able to open it in 2007...
But thanks for your help anyway


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:15
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hi Eloïse May 1, 2012

In case you have Studio 2011, just open your file in it and do your work.

As far as I remember, for those who upgraded to Studio 2011 from 2009, the 2009 license should be active as long you do not uninstall Studio 2009 or return its license; if you do this, you will have only Studio 2011 afterwards.

Natalia


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:15
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sounds strange May 1, 2012

You should have a second license available on the server for cases like these. Could it be that when you bought 2009 you had used a different login? In this case you should be able to find your 2009 key accessing the site with that login.

I do not have 2011, but I wonder: why are you not opening your 2009 proofreading files directly with Trados 2011?


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Cinzia Landi
Italy
Local time: 22:15
English to Italian
May 1, 2012



[Edited at 2012-05-02 21:01 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:15
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Bewildering as usual May 1, 2012

Natalie wrote:
As far as I remember, for those who upgraded to Studio 2011 from 2009, the 2009 license should be active as long you do not uninstall Studio 2009 or return its license; if you do this, you will have only Studio 2011 afterwards.


Of course, that must be it - it looks like the usual sdl policy ;x


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:15
English
Upgrade versus purchase am additional license May 1, 2012

Eloïse Notet wrote:
My have both Studio 2009 and 2011, working properly until now. (+ 2007)
I had to deactivate the licences because a problem with Office, and want now to reactivate them.
The problem is the following:

I do not find the license for 2009 on my SDL page!
I find:
SDL Passolo 2011
SDL 2007 Suite
SDL Trados Studio 2011


Hi Eloïse,

The problem you have encountered is because you have returned a license you no longer own and this means it isn't available for you anymore. If you upgrade to Studio 2011 from Studio 2009 you are effectively replacing 2009 with 2011. The fact 2009 still worked if you didn't return the license is because 2011 uses a new licensing system and is a seperate application.

The only way to retain both licenses is if you purchase 2011 as a new piece of software rather than upgrade.

However, there is no reason why you should not proof read your task in 2011, so you should still be able to continue your work.

Regards

Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Eloïse Notet  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:15
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everybody May 2, 2012

For your reply...

I sent an email to SDL...
I do not have any assistance contract, hope they will answer.

My client requests a translation with Studio 2009, reason why I began the proofreading in this version.
I thought that using 2011, he could perhaps not use the file in 2009?
What do you think?

Thanks again and have a good day...
Eloïse


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Cinzia Landi
Italy
Local time: 22:15
English to Italian
May 2, 2012



[Edited at 2012-05-02 20:59 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Lorenzo Cordini
Local time: 22:15
English
I am afraid 2011 packages cannot be opened in 2009 May 2, 2012

Hi Eloïse,

Just a note.

I think you can safely work on SDLXLIFF files across Studio 2009 and Studio 2011 but I am afraid that if you create or resave a package in Studio 2011, your client won't be able to open it in Studio 2009.

Lorenzo


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:15
English
It will work if you create the right package May 2, 2012

Lorenzo Cordini wrote:

Hi Eloïse,

Just a note.

I think you can safely work on SDLXLIFF files across Studio 2009 and Studio 2011 but I am afraid that if you create or resave a package in Studio 2011, your client won't be able to open it in Studio 2009.

Lorenzo


Hi,

There is an option to create a package in 2011 for 2009, so as long as you use this option when the package is created then you will have no problem.

I also don't believe a Project created in 2011 can be opened in 2009. You can open the individual sdlxliff files, and the TMs, but you cannot open the sdlproj file which is what you would use to render the project in Studio 2009 properly.

Regards

Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Eloïse Notet  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:15
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
?? May 3, 2012

SDL Support wrote:

Lorenzo Cordini wrote:

Hi Eloïse,

Just a note.

I think you can safely work on SDLXLIFF files across Studio 2009 and Studio 2011 but I am afraid that if you create or resave a package in Studio 2011, your client won't be able to open it in Studio 2009.

Lorenzo


Hi,

There is an option to create a package in 2011 for 2009, so as long as you use this option when the package is created then you will have no problem.

I also don't believe a Project created in 2011 can be opened in 2009. You can open the individual sdlxliff files, and the TMs, but you cannot open the sdlproj file which is what you would use to render the project in Studio 2009 properly.

Regards

Paul


So, can explain me where is the interest for me to have bought Studio 2011 if I can't use it, or only partially, when my clients want a me to work with 2009???
"No expiry date" was mentioned under "My licenses" on Sdl Trados site for each product!
I am very disappointed.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:15
English
I don't understand the question? May 3, 2012

Eloïse Notet wrote:
So, can explain me where is the interest for me to have bought Studio 2011 if I can't use it, or only partially, when my clients want a me to work with 2009???
"No expiry date" was mentioned under "My licenses" on Sdl Trados site for each product!
I am very disappointed.


Hi Eloïse,

You can use Studio 2011 for any work you receive, including files from 2009, so I don't really understand your question. Perhaps you can explain the process you are going through, or how you wish to work, and then we can explain if there is anything special you need to consider.

I think the discussion above has only confused things because you would not normally just zip up an entire Project and send it over to someone else... at least this is never how Studio was intended to be used. You would either work with Packages, or with SDLXLIFF files, and these are interchangeable.

Regards

Paul

[Edited at 2012-05-03 10:14 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Eloïse Notet  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:15
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Paul May 7, 2012

You told me:
There is an option to create a package in 2011 for 2009, so as long as you use this option when the package is created then you will have no problem.

and then:
I also don't believe a Project created in 2011 can be opened in 2009. You can open the individual sdlxliff files, and the TMs, but you cannot open the sdlproj file which is what you would use to render the project in Studio 2009 properly.


I don't really understand why you added this second paragraph since you mean in the first one that an option (which one??) enables me to create a package in 2011.

My way to work with Trados Studio is the way my clients want me to use it!

First, I want to be able to open packages created in 2009 properly, and send them back properly. How to proceed??

Second, I want to know if the editing of SDLXLIFF files in 2011 needs any conversion, or if they can be sent back without any change, or if they need to be saved under another extension for instance.

Third: I still do not understand why I could not directly work on 2009 and why my licence has disappeared from "My licenses". Since the license is not supposed to have an expiry date, it should stil be in My licences, despite of my upgrade.

Thanks in advance for your answer.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Pages in topic:   [1 2] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help : Urgent problem with Trados Studio 2009 activation

Advanced search







Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search