"Your license expired" error message after installing the Trados Starter Edition - help needed
Thread poster: SaraGC

SaraGC  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:17
English to Italian
+ ...
May 2, 2012

Hi everybody! I purchased the SDL Trados Starter Edition on 27th April, after having used the 30 days free trial: I paid, I installed everything following given instructions and I was happy to start working with my own cat tool... but a message came up launching the programm: "your license has expired".... expired!?! I bought a one-year license and it has expired in less than one hour! I uninstalled everything, I re-installed everything, I went through all pages of the Trados site looking for solutions but nothing helped. I got even help from collegues who were on line with Trados and just got the reply I had to see via site: problem is Trados needs to unblock the license I have paid for and this cannot be done via site... there's no other solution! Now: does anybody knows how can I have my money back or how could I do to have support from Trados (without paying: cannot see why I should!!)?? It sounds like allmost "illegal" that a company can cash my money without giving a working license I have paid for...

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
I can't check... May 2, 2012

Hi SaraGC,

I can't check anything as I have no idea who you are, but a couple of things to check as these are not clear from your post:

1. Have you used the license, or just installed following the instructions?
2. Is the time and date on your computer correct?

You didn't mention activating a license so the first question sees sensible to check.
I have seen a couple of users with incorrectly set clocks and this causes Studio think the license has not come into existence yet. If the date was late this could also confuse Studio into expiring.

Regards

Paul

Cinzia Landi
Italy
English to Italian
@SDL Support - Paul May 2, 2012

SDL Support wrote:

Hi SaraGC,

I can't check anything as I have no idea who you are, but a couple of things to check as these are not clear from your post:

1. Have you used the license, or just installed following the instructions?
2. Is the time and date on your computer correct?

You didn't mention activating a license so the first question sees sensible to check.
I have seen a couple of users with incorrectly set clocks and this causes Studio think the license has not come into existence yet. If the date was late this could also confuse Studio into expiring.

Regards

Paul

----------------------------------------

Dear Paul,

I read your answers about SDL issues. Pls, could you have a look at http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/210727-term_recognition_not_working_in_trados_studio_2011.html

Term recognition does not work in Studio 2011, it is impossible to write to the support in the SDL page, and some of us are compelled to use Studio without MT: could you give advice for that issue as well?

Thank you!
Cinzia

English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
license May 2, 2012

Hi Paul, thanks for replying

1. I installed Trados Starter Edition, I wrote the activation code, I got the message the activation was successful: after having closed the program, I tried to launch it again and I got the message the license has expired.
2. clock set on my pc is perfectly correct

I followed all instructions for activation and deactivation of the activation code, but I have no possibility to proceed because each time I insert the activation code a message occurs saying it is already used. On my SDL profile I saw this code results to be used. I think the only solution is SDL support to deactivate or unblock the license so that it will be free, in this way I could reactivate it and use the program I have bought, even because a week has passed since I have paid for it and this problem is causing me many problems with my customers.

Should you need more references to me you can see my personal details within my Proz profile or just tell me which data you need.

Thx for a quick reply
Rgds
Sara GC

United Kingdom
English
Your details May 2, 2012

Hi Sara,

I need to know who you are, so the email address you use in your MyAccount would be good. Then I can check the state of the licenses.

You can drop me an email at pfilkin@sdl.com for this.

Regards

Paul

United Kingdom
English
Writing to Support May 2, 2012

Cinzia Landi wrote:

Term recognition does not work in Studio 2011, it is impossible to write to the support in the SDL page, and some of us are compelled to use Studio without MT: could you give advice for that issue as well?

Thank you!
Cinzia

Hello Cinzia,

I'm not familiar with this problem, and certainly it would need more investigation. The best thing to do is to write to Support but do it in a way that allows you to speak to Support and not through the sales and marketing channels.

So, go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening or using the program
-- The error occurs in SDL Trados Studio 2011

I know you said this is a MultiTerm error and also that it fails in 2007 as well now... but this is the best place to start.

So, this will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day or two.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
my mail May 2, 2012

I drop a mail with my address to your e-mail, there's auto-responder activated.
i hope you'll be able to give me a solution before monday ... or just leave the matter to a collegue of yours, thanks
sara

Cinzia Landi
Italy
English to Italian
@SDL Support May 2, 2012

I could not find the path for asking for a support request. Thank you Paul!

English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you May 3, 2012

thank you a lot, Paul, for the support: I was able to activate the license and I'm now ready to go with my trados
thx again
sara

the same problem here with SDL Trados studio 2011 Starter activation! Jun 19, 2012

SaraGC wrote:

Hi everybody! I purchased the SDL Trados Starter Edition on 27th April, after having used the 30 days free trial: I paid, I installed everything following given instructions and I was happy to start working with my own cat tool... but a message came up launching the programm: "your license has expired".... expired!?! I bought a one-year license and it has expired in less than one hour! I uninstalled everything, I re-installed everything, I went through all pages of the Trados site looking for solutions but nothing helped. I got even help from collegues who were on line with Trados and just got the reply I had to see via site: problem is Trados needs to unblock the license I have paid for and this cannot be done via site... there's no other solution! Now: does anybody knows how can I have my money back or how could I do to have support from Trados (without paying: cannot see why I should!!)?? It sounds like allmost "illegal" that a company can cash my money without giving a working license I have paid for...

Hi,
I am having the same problem! I purchased my license 1 month ago, used the 30 day free trial and today, when I inserted my activetion code for the first time, I got the message "Your license has expired". But, of course, when I click on "my licenses" (in SDL webpage it sais very clearly my license is available till 19/06/2013... The software doesn't open at all!
The only option I get is a button where I can insert the activation code (again). But when I do this I get a message saying this license is already installed in another computer (!!¡¡) which is not true. I have only installed it in this one! I can't return the license, since the program doesn't open up! I'm going nuts with this...
Please, if someone can help, I would be really grateful.

[Edited at 2012-06-19 14:43 GMT]

United Kingdom
English
Licence reset Jun 21, 2012

Hi mayvil

You will need to contact the Licensing Team to request the licence be reset

To do this:

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I have lost one of my license activations and would like to have it reset.

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a working day.

Hope this helps

Regards

Helen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Your license expired" error message after installing the Trados Starter Edition - help needed

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search