How to get training on Trados 2007?
Thread poster: Caroline Grenache

Caroline Grenache  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:10
English to French
+ ...
May 3, 2012

Hi,

I am currently using Trados Studio 2009 but most of my customers are using Trados 2007. So far, it has not been a problem since I can just convert XLIFF files in ttx format. However today, I missed out on an interesting job opportunity because the file to be translated had such a high number of tags that the client wanted to have a translator who works with Trados 2007.

Now, I do have a license for the 2007 version but I cannot seem to find any training on this particular version, either on Proz or on SDL's site.

Any ideas on how I can get training material on Trados 2007 (either on-line or printed)? The tutorial that comes with the software is not helping me much as I am not somebody who picks up quickly on new softwares and I really need some type of guidance.

Thank you in advance for thoughts on this.

Regards,

Caroline Grenache

Direct link Reply with quote

Annett Hieber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:10
English to German
Trados for Dummies? May 4, 2012

Caroline Grenache wrote:

Hi,

I am currently using Trados Studio 2009 but most of my customers are using Trados 2007. So far, it has not been a problem since I can just convert XLIFF files in ttx format. However today, I missed out on an interesting job opportunity because the file to be translated had such a high number of tags that the client wanted to have a translator who works with Trados 2007.

Now, I do have a license for the 2007 version but I cannot seem to find any training on this particular version, either on Proz or on SDL's site.

Any ideas on how I can get training material on Trados 2007 (either on-line or printed)? The tutorial that comes with the software is not helping me much as I am not somebody who picks up quickly on new softwares and I really need some type of guidance.

Thank you in advance for thoughts on this.

Regards,

Caroline Grenache

Hi Caroline,

I think there was some book around called "Trados for Dummies" for Trados 2007, I think. It's even possible I have a printout of it. But, at the moment I'm not at home (I'm giving teaching lessons this morning), so I can have a look later this afternoon, if you like.

Annett

Stephanie Busch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2010)
English to German
+ ...
Trados 2007 PDF Manuals May 4, 2012

Hi Caroline,

you should be able to download the SDL Trados 7 Freelance Getting Started Guide from your translationzone account.

When logged into your account, click on My Downloads and expand TRADOS 7 Freelance. The manual should be included in the list that appears. It is a 92-page PDF document that contains a lot of useful information.

Once you've installed Trados 7, you should find several user guides in your Trados 7 folder, among them the Translator's Workbench User Guide, a 408-page PDF document. On my machine, the folder path is Start > SDL International > SDL Trados 2007 Freelance > Documentation.

Until recently, there also used to be Trados 2007 training webinars available on ProZ.com, but they seem to have been discontinued.

HTH
Stephanie

Caroline Grenache  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:10
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will look it up! May 4, 2012

Thank you both for your responses, I will look this up!

Stephanie: The only options that show under "My downloads" in my SDL account are for Studio 2009 and upgrade from 2009 to 2011...

Annett: I looked it up quickly and found several tutorials, the most complete one being for versions 5.5 and 6.5 (which I did not even know existed...!).

I will continue my research over the weekend when I have a bit more time, thank you both for your help!

Regards,

Caroline

juliette_K  Identity Verified
French to Italian
+ ...
These might help May 4, 2012

http://www.finntranslations.com/Trados_for_Beginners_handout.pdf

http://life.bizland.com/trados.htm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get training on Trados 2007?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search