How to get training on Trados 2007?
Thread poster: Caroline Grenache

Caroline Grenache  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:12
English to French
+ ...
May 3, 2012

Hi,

I am currently using Trados Studio 2009 but most of my customers are using Trados 2007. So far, it has not been a problem since I can just convert XLIFF files in ttx format. However today, I missed out on an interesting job opportunity because the file to be translated had such a high number of tags that the client wanted to have a translator who works with Trados 2007.

Now, I do have a license for the 2007 version but I cannot seem to find any training on this particular version, either on Proz or on SDL's site.

Any ideas on how I can get training material on Trados 2007 (either on-line or printed)? The tutorial that comes with the software is not helping me much as I am not somebody who picks up quickly on new softwares and I really need some type of guidance.

Thank you in advance for thoughts on this.

Regards,

Caroline Grenache

Annett Hieber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:12
English to German
Trados for Dummies? May 4, 2012

Caroline Grenache wrote:

Hi,

I am currently using Trados Studio 2009 but most of my customers are using Trados 2007. So far, it has not been a problem since I can just convert XLIFF files in ttx format. However today, I missed out on an interesting job opportunity because the file to be translated had such a high number of tags that the client wanted to have a translator who works with Trados 2007.

Now, I do have a license for the 2007 version but I cannot seem to find any training on this particular version, either on Proz or on SDL's site.

Any ideas on how I can get training material on Trados 2007 (either on-line or printed)? The tutorial that comes with the software is not helping me much as I am not somebody who picks up quickly on new softwares and I really need some type of guidance.

Thank you in advance for thoughts on this.

Regards,

Caroline Grenache

Hi Caroline,

I think there was some book around called "Trados for Dummies" for Trados 2007, I think. It's even possible I have a printout of it. But, at the moment I'm not at home (I'm giving teaching lessons this morning), so I can have a look later this afternoon, if you like.

Annett

Stephanie Busch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2010)
English to German
+ ...
Trados 2007 PDF Manuals May 4, 2012

Hi Caroline,

you should be able to download the SDL Trados 7 Freelance Getting Started Guide from your translationzone account.

When logged into your account, click on My Downloads and expand TRADOS 7 Freelance. The manual should be included in the list that appears. It is a 92-page PDF document that contains a lot of useful information.

Once you've installed Trados 7, you should find several user guides in your Trados 7 folder, among them the Translator's Workbench User Guide, a 408-page PDF document. On my machine, the folder path is Start > SDL International > SDL Trados 2007 Freelance > Documentation.

Until recently, there also used to be Trados 2007 training webinars available on ProZ.com, but they seem to have been discontinued.

HTH
Stephanie

Caroline Grenache  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:12
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will look it up! May 4, 2012

Thank you both for your responses, I will look this up!

Stephanie: The only options that show under "My downloads" in my SDL account are for Studio 2009 and upgrade from 2009 to 2011...

Annett: I looked it up quickly and found several tutorials, the most complete one being for versions 5.5 and 6.5 (which I did not even know existed...!).

I will continue my research over the weekend when I have a bit more time, thank you both for your help!

Regards,

Caroline

juliette_K  Identity Verified
French to Italian
+ ...
These might help May 4, 2012

http://www.finntranslations.com/Trados_for_Beginners_handout.pdf

http://life.bizland.com/trados.htm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get training on Trados 2007?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search